- Solar Village AS
- Kabwe, Zambia
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Operations Manager, Zambia
Start date: Immediately/as soon as possible
Exciting opportunity in solar energy in Zambia!
Our solar energy company, Solar Village, is looking for an Operations Manager to join our small (but growing) team in Zambia.
Video, Solar Village founder about the job: https://youtu.be/JbcO5iqbR3g
About Solar Village (www.solarvillage.no)
We are a Norwegian start-up company developing, manufacturing, distributing and financing innovative solar solutions for small-scale farmers in emerging markets. We create multifunctional solar technology solutions for off-grid communities that meet both agricultural and household needs. Our objective is to improve the livelihoods and well being of smallholder farmers by providing them with income generating and lifestyle-enhancing tools. In order to make these tools affordable to farmers, we use a Pay-As-You-Go approach.
Our operations are currently based in Zambia’s Central Province and we have plans to expand in the country, in addition to expansion in Southern Africa over the next 12 months. We currently have a number of product trials underway, working in partnership with large-scale and multinational agricultural companies.
About the role
We are looking for an Operations Manager to oversee the expansion of the business in Zambia working hand-in-hand with the CEO in Norway. The ideal candidate would be entrepreneurial with a passion for renewable energy, agriculture, and emerging markets. The Operations Manager would be responsible for the following:
– Help build the Solar Village Zambia sales, service and logistics team
– Manage existing relationships with partners and clients
– Forge new partnerships and sales channels for our products and services
– Identify new opportunities for Solar Village to expand product and service offerings within smallholder agriculture-solar energy nexus
– Oversee existing product trials
– Implement trials for new products and services in collaboration with partners
– Scout new markets in neighboring countries
– Ensure that Solar Village complies with all regulations from the authorities
This role promises to be challenging, fun and impactful. The Operations Manager will have a great deal of independence over his/her work schedule with frequent opportunities to work directly with clients in the field.
What we’re looking for
– Proven leadership ability and interest in running/working in a start-up
– Outgoing and strong networking abilities
– Demonstrated ability at developing and managing external relations
– Self-driven and able to work comfortably both alone and in small teams
– Experience building and managing a team
– Experience working in rural environments, preferably in developing countries
– Experience working in the renewable energy or agricultural sectors highly desirable
– Minimum Bachelors degree (it is a plus if it is related to agriculture, renewable energy, business or management)
– Communicate well in English – both written and verbal. Portuguese is a plus.
– Willing to live in Kabwe, a second-tier city in Central Province, Zambia
What we can offer
– Crucial role in shaping the future of Solar Village and making a great impact for smallholder farmers
– Remuneration package consisting of basic salary, equity and bonus payments
How to apply
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com soonest possible. Feel free to also use other means (e.g. a short video) to tell us more about who you are and why you want to work with us. You can also write to us, if you have questions about the job.