- Raise for Good
- Remote (west coast preferred)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Submit application. Written submission in subsequent round of interviews.
- Where to Apply
Raise for Good is a strategy studio headquartered in San Francisco with employees in locations around the world. Raise for Good empowers purpose-driven organizations to accelerate growth through strategy, marketing, and leadership support. They’re an adaptable partner providing custom strategies, coaching, and execution services that empower organizations to raise capital, capacity, and visibility to achieve sustainability and drive more social and economic impact.
Raise for Good is looking for a seasoned strategist, people manager, and operations expert to lead their partnerships, program & operations teams. An entrepreneurial leader, the Managing Director should be driven by the opportunity to build, with a combination of philanthropy, nonprofit fundraising, consulting, and operations experience. The ideal candidate is are a superstar connector – they know the key people and players in the philanthropy and social impact ecosystems. They have strong relationships with social impact leaders, companies, and nonprofits, with a focus on tech-forward organizations.
Clients Include: Pledge 1%, Kapor Center for Social Impact, AT&T, Khan Academy, & more.
The Managing Director is a key leadership role at Raise for Good, responsible for leading the business model, strategy, and management of their consulting and program business.
This role will directly manage the team, lead the strategy for clients at a high level, guide the development of content and resources to streamline client relations and grow the client base through new contracts, renewals, and up sells.
You are a seasoned manager, strategist, and expert in fundraising, social impact, and philanthropy with 12+ years of experience leading and building high performance teams. You are an expert in driving fundraising strategy for national nonprofits, raising tens to hundreds of millions of dollars in your tenure, and leading teams and clients to achieve growth goals. You also have strong experience working within or with philanthropy (such as grant making), corporate social impact (developing strategy and programs), and know the people and players within these ecosystems, particularly education and workforce development. Product experience a plus.
Bachelors degree in business or related field
12+ years of demonstrated success as a people leader to effectively lead and collaborate across broad stakeholders to maximize impact as well as direct, lead, and manage teams
10+ years of consulting and proven analytical, coaching, problem solving, relationship building skills, with demonstrated experience exceeding revenue goals
A measurable track record of successful fundraising at a nonprofit organization with strong experience in donors in an authentic way
Must be very organized, strategic and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while exceeding client expectations
Proven ability to establish clear goals, lead with accountability and empathy, and drive results
Roles and Responsibilities:
Manage & Develop Team
● Lead, manage, build, and develop best in class team to thrive personally and professionally; drive way of working, and effectively leading through change
● Oversee internal processes and ensure high ROI and efficient operations; ensure client engagements are staffed appropriately for successful delivery to exceed client expectations
● Partner with CEO and Operations Manager to drive culture, hiring, and serve as key “integrator” between CEO and team
Lead Client Strategy
● Responsible for renewals and revenue goals for client engagements, serve as a strategic thought partner and coach to internal team to drive high quality work day to day; approve the team’s strategy and deliverables
● Work with clients’ CEOs, especially large contracts and influential engagements, as a key thought partner in developing their strategies and serve as an executive coach
Grow Client Base
● Participate in active business development, acquiring new customers for portfolios
● Ensure quality client engagements that lead to renewals and up sell opportunities
Business Growth Strategy
● Collaborate with CEO, Senior Advisor, Digital Marketing Lead, Brand Lead, Advisors, to drive company growth strategy
● Act as part of the executive team, informing on the business model and strategic plan, driving OKRs for Partnerships and Operations team
● Contribute to business development strategy and outreach as a key brand representative
● Inform thought leadership communications and brand awareness opportunities
● Exude strong leadership to build company culture and values
Internal Operations & Finance
● Manage P&L and drive the team toward more profitable ways of working
● Oversee accounting, internal and external reporting, preparation and management of annual budgets, operations financial analysis, and internal controls.
● Manage People Operation Manager, HR, Legal & Accounting partners
Your Future Legacy
You helped social entrepreneurs and purpose driven organizations reach their goals by providing novel strategies and coaching in areas such as organizational vision, messaging, fundraising, and social impact.
You forged strong, trusted partnerships with inspiring nonprofit, philanthropy, and corporate leaders, building their ecosystem of impact.
You helped purpose-driven companies achieve their change-making goals.
You helped accelerate growth for Raise for Good by institutionalizing processes and providing internal leadership.
You’re helping to build and lead Raise for Good’s culture, operational excellence, and developing a thriving team to reach their potential.
You’ll report to the CEO and coach, develop, and manage the client relationship, program, and operations teams, providing coaching support of client engagements, oversight of work product, and professional development. Currently three Strategists, Program Manager, Operations Manager, two Associates, and 5 contractors. Within 1-2 years, growth pathway to COO role.
Location: 100% Remote opportunity (west coast preferred).
Salary: $130K-150K annual base salary with significant performance bonus and profit sharing eligibility.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, 401k, unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents.
Perks: Paid holidays including Company closure between Christmas and New Years Day, every year! $50 monthly technology stipend. Professional development executive coach. Bi-annual team retreats (post Covid-19).
Full job description can be found here: https://raiseforgood.xtensio.com/it4y7wpn