Market Development Manager
- Shell Foundation
- Canary Wharf
- Job Type
- Full-time, contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Leading corporate foundation (UK-registered charity) in the venture philanthropy sector has an exciting opportunity for a Market Development Manager with business experience and a track-record of building supportive market environments through for-profit and not-for-profit intermediaries, to apply for a position within their Market Development team. Research experience and networks with social investors in emerging markets is desirable.
The Foundation’s mission is to tackle and take to scale solutions to sustainable development challenges related to Access to Energy and Sustainable Mobility (clean and affordable transport for people and goods).
About the Role:
To support the implementation and evolution of a Market Development strategy that seeks to amplify the Foundation’s social and environmental impact by:
a) building demand for its partners’ products and services
b) capturing and sharing learning from its portfolio to facilitate replication and identify collaborators
c) engaging and building the capacity of investors, corporates and public stakeholders and
d) co-creating market-building institutions to support the growth of new sectors. (The Market Development programme represents 10% of SF’s overall activity, with a budget of approximately $4m per annum.)
a) Capture and report SF learning and evidence (40%)
b) Co-creating market building institutions (40%)
c) Support implementation of SF strategy for gender inclusion and enhanced impact for women (20%)
* Professional qualifications including a first degree in a business, finance and/or communications-related subject
* At least 10 years business/commercial experience with demonstrated evidence of developing high-level external partnerships and managing stakeholder relations
* Strong management skills and a demonstrable track record of professionalism
* Proven interest and practical experience of sustainable development and social investment issues
* Full understanding of the \”enterprise-based\” approach and how this differs from traditional philanthropy.
* Ability to distill clear messages from large and complex sets of information and to use these strategically to drive action.
* Existing networks with thought-leaders in sustainable development/social entrepreneurial communities (preferable).
* Quickly develop an in-depth understanding of the rapidly change international development landscape
* Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.