Market Development Senior Specialist
- Habitat For Humanity International
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a Sr. Specialist – Market Development. This position is an opportunity to be an essential member of HFHI’s global programs Market Development team, managing, evaluating, and publicizing HFHI’s market-based approaches to affordable housing and advancing the organization’s overall market development strategy. This person also provides consulting services and collaborates with external organizations through the Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter and Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a housing market development subject matter expert to HFHI headquarters, area office, and national organization staff and participates in the design and implementation of housing market development programs.
- Manages communications and marketing initiatives that showcase HFHI’s market development programming by facilitating the development of annual reports, newsletters, and the placement of publications on HFHI and peer organizations’ websites and social media channels.
- Develops technical proposals assigned by directors for headquarters, area office, and national organization teams and monitors and evaluates grant and contract activities for the Center for Innovation in Shelter and Finance\’s (CISF).
- Supports the Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter and Finance\’s (CISF) knowledge development efforts and supports the production of learning outputs such as case studies, handbooks, research papers and other materials related to housing market development.
- Provides advisory services to housing and finance organizations as part of CISF grants or contracts, develops terms of reference for consulting assignments, and aids in the selection of consultants.
- Administers the Headquarters market development team’s web-based platforms, including habitat.org, My.Habitat, and SharePoint team sites; as well as the website.
- Support the development of curriculum and coordinates trainings related to market development and housing microfinance for internal and external audiences.
- Participates in decision making and strategy setting for the HQ market development and housing finance division and the CISF and serves as a member of temporary and core market development strategy teams, as needed.
Education & Experience
- Masters in International Development, International Relations, Economics, Public Policy, or related field
- 5 Years of experience in International Development
Skills & Competencies
- Masters in related field – International Development, Development Economics, Public Policy, International Affairs etc.
- Five years (minimum) experience in international development, at least 2 years experience in economic development projects and market-based approaches to development, and at least 2 years experience in project management and evaluation
- Significant experience working abroad in developing country contexts
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Well organized and able to track multiple processes simultaneously
- Advanced skills with Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint and other MS-based office platforms
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity employer.