Market Research & Testing Fellowship, Improved Cookstoves
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Full time
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
BURN is a social venture that saves lives and forests in the developing world through the design, local production, and distribution of clean burning cookstoves. BURN currently manufactures one stove per minute in its solar-powered modern manufacturing facility just outside of Nairobi, Kenya. BURN has sold more than 200,000 of its flagship ‘jikokoa’ household improved charcoal stoves, thus reaching more than 1 million people. BURN’s Kenya-based product development team works closely with consumers and the factory to launch new products for the East African market.
• Engage in on-the-ground market research and maintain priorities
• Drive improvements in market research, including methodologies, rigor, analysis, etc.
• Help analyze data and prepare reports
• Manage product tracking and consumer engagement database, including troubleshooting issues
and building new functionality
• Conduct SMS and phone based surveys and analyze results
• Conduct product testing as needed to enhance your understanding or as needed
• Drive improvements in testing methodologies, use of equipment, etc.
Experience / Profile:
• Technical background preferred
• Data analysis and reporting
• Detail oriented
• Works well in team setting
• Goal oriented
Location and Duration:
12-month fellowship in Ruiru, Kenya to begin in early 2017. Fellows receive a stipend of $1,100 per
month and housing in a company house. BURN will provide one round trip flight at the beginning and
end of the fellowship.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com in the following
filename format: <[First Name, Last Name], Market Research [CV/Cover Letter], [Date]>.
For more information on BURN please visit www.burnstoves.com.