Marketing Alliances and Partnerships
- Trust for Retailers and Retail Association of India (TRRAIN)
- Mumbai, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Detailed Job Responsibilities for Marketing Alliances and Partnerships Manager
Aim: The organization is seeking for a young and energetic individual, willing to work in a start-up environment, having 5-7 years of work experience of which 3 years in alliances and partnerships/online business development role preferably from an e-commerce or marketplace background.
Location: The role will be based out of Mumbai and will involve travel (20-25%) in the first year.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Keen understanding of the business and its goals with the ability to identify and establish strategic partnerships that will help achieve the organization’s goals
• Forge alliances and tie-ups with various corporates, online portals and platforms
• Structure and iterate the partnership model – partner with corporates and brands and be responsible for the end to end project management of the partnership
• Engage with brands/partners to strike partnerships and develop special deals/offers
• Work closely with the marketing team and product lead to build B2B2C and B2B offerings/customized solutions.
• Network and cultivate relationships, collaborate extensively with internal and external stakeholders
Key Attributes of the individual:
• Goal oriented with a passion for concept selling, forging new alliances and partnerships
• Self-motivator with the ability to work independently
• Understands the importance of processes, willing to design and establish new processes
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
• Ability to engage with senior management & C-suite executives
• Good interpersonal skills and relationship management
• Commercial savvy to structure deals
• Ability to adapt and work with cross-functional teams
• Overall 5-7 years of experience with at least 3 years in alliances/partnerships/online business development role
• Well versed with online partnership models and its way of working
• Experience in B2B customer facing roles is preferred
• Understanding or exposure to the retail industry is highly valued
Education: Graduate (Any) + MBA (preferred)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
About the organization:
TRRAIN (Trust for Retailers and Retail Associates of India), is a not for profit organization set up by B. S. Nagesh in the year 2011, with the sole objective of empowering people who work in retail, restaurant, retail services, back office etc. In the last 4 years, TRRAIN has initiated the following four projects, which have all gone to scale. (www.trrain.org)
1. Retail Employees Day: The event celebrated on the 12th of December every year recognizes the retail/restaurant employee for the work they put in to deliver customer service and generate revenues for the business. In 2014, 2 million employees celebrated the day in India and an additional two million in Turkey. (retailemployeesday.com)
2. TRRAIN Retail Awards: Through this platform we recognize customer service at the national level. In 2014, 2500 entries were evaluated and the best 19 were honored during the awards function. This concept has gone global with the first such global award happening on the 24th April, 2015 in Rome wherein 21 Department stores representing 21 countries participated in the awards.
3. Pankh – Skilling & livelihood creation of disabled youth in retail: We have skilled close to 2500 disabled youth with more than 70 retail organizations taking benefit of the same. Retailers confirm of higher productivity and better retention of youth. (www.pankhindia.org)
4. Retail Education program: A joint initiative of TRRAIN and Aptech, this program works towards up skilling of youth currently working in the retail industry. It is housed under TRRAIN Foundation – a section 25 company. In the last 4 years the program has grown multifold with 8000+ youth trained and up skilled at various levels of hierarchy in retail organizations.
A new for-profit social enterprise called TRRAIN Bazaar, a start-up, based on the market place model is being launched for the benefit of the retail Industry. The objective is to help retail employees stretch their income by getting products, knowledge and services at a better price than any other customer in the market. The above mentioned role is for TRRAIN Bazaar.