Marketing and Training Officer (Somali-Region)
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Hargesia Somaliland
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
BURN Manufacturing designs, manufactures and distributes super fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling high-quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 425,000 cookstoves in sub-Saharan Africa, which have helped two million consumers save nearly $100 million in fuel expenses and 1.7 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN intends to double sales by the end of 2018.
We are currently looking for a Senior Marketing and Training Officer in the Somali Regions to drive implementation of BURN’s marketing strategy. Working closely with the marketing, sales and expansion market departments, the Senior Marketing Officer will be responsible for creating and deploying marketing resources.
The employee’s duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Strategy Development: In conjunction with management team, devise marketing strategies that support BURN’s sales goals for customers in our target channels. Partner directly with customers to develop these strategies to ensure they meet mutually beneficial needs.
• Marketing Programs Implementation: Based upon strategy, implement the tactical marketing initiatives identified for each program. Tactics will vary by customer and are limited only by the Senior Marketing Officer’s creativity, but could include: co-branded collateral, signage, retail merchandising campaigns, product displays, sales promotion campaigns, advertising, wall branding, events, Training of Retailers and Burn sales team among others.
• Project Implementation: Liaise with third-party vendors — such as printers, wall branding firms, promotional advertising firms and others — to coordinate and implement the marketing program. Coordinate vendor budgeting and invoice processing with VP Marketing.
• Training: be the primary trainer of BURN sales staff in the Somali Region. With BURN HQ Marketing, team, create and become the expert in training materials on: messaging, products, brand, after sales, etc.
• Account Management and Monitoring: Working with the management team, establish and manage marketing budgets for each customer program. Provide monthly status/results reporting for each program.
• Miscellaneous: Work in a team-based manner with Marketing Department colleagues and provide professional support for other departmental initiatives including Training in Both Somali and English as needed and assigned.
• 3+ years of business-to-consumer and/or business-to-business marketing experience, whether in a corporate or marketing agency environment, particularly in roles with consumer- or client-facing responsibilities
• Superior writing and speaking in English and Somali, creativity and presentation skills
• Proven experience in strategizing, devising and executing original marketing programs
• Marketing project implementation and management experience, including sourcing and direction of creative suppliers (such as printers, graphic designers or promotional advertising agencies)
• Ability to work collaboratively with BURN sales representatives to create marketing programs which support product sales goals
• Budget management experience
• Energetic, multi-tasker, passionate about helping people save money and the environment with our efficient modern charcoal stoves
• Travelling within Somali Regions both in main cities and remote will be required where necessary
• Professional marketing experience in Somali Regions in any of the following industries: Grocery, General Trade Retail, Financial Services, Microfinance, Local Organizations, Social Enterprise
• Marketing experience in Somali Regions or and Ethiopia
• Marketing experience targeting the Bottom of the Pyramid consumer sector
Apply: Send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your salary expectations.