Marketing Associate, Global Investor Network
- Proximity Designs
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
We’re designing innovative solutions to Myanmar’s toughest problems. Join us.
We’re Proximity Designs, an award-winning social enterprise based in Yangon, Myanmar. We design, make and deliver affordable, income-boosting products and services that can double smallholder farmers’ income. Our products and services—irrigation and farm technologies, farm finance, and advisory services—are accessible to 80 percent of Myanmar’s rural population in more than 10,000 villages.
We’re deepening and expanding our impact across rural Myanmar.
We’re seeking a marketing guru to help up share updates with our global investor network, necessary to securing funding critical to our growth. As a Marketing Associate, you’ll play a critical role in crafting engaging communications to share with our global investor network and innovative design leaders around the world.
If you’re looking to dive into a dynamic job at an award-winning social enterprise, this is the opportunity for you.
Meet your team
Primarily based in our marketing team, you’ll be collaborating with creative individuals who are experimenting with multi-media channels to keep our customers, potential employees, and global investors and design partners informed. You’ll also be immersed in our multi-disciplinary, forward-thinking team that manages relationships with our global investor network. Both of these teams collaborate closely with energetic individuals across our entire business, including traveling to villages with our dedicated rural staff, who are passionate about impact and have a strong empathy for our customers.
• Lead engaging marketing and communications with our donors and investors, shared through multi-media channels
• You’ll have a wide degree of creative autonomy and the freedom to capture stories and generate content to share with our investors
• Keep abreast of international trends in social enterprise marketing and design, and monitor our reach and image globally
• Travel to rural areas to meet Proximity customers, building a nuanced understanding of how our products and services are impacting rural families
Is this You?
• Savvy marketer. You’ve worked in marketing or communications for a few years. Ideally, your previous gig was in the developing world and involved some type of social enterprise experience.
• Multimedia wizard. You’ve got an eye for design, and you’re able to utilize a wide range of mediums to share compelling and nuanced stories.
• Show and tell. You’re a clear communicator and can write well. Whether you’re telling a customer story, or explaining our business model to a few donors, you can easily explain anything to just about anyone.
• Thing big. You’re motivated, care about pressing issues like deep poverty, and learn quickly. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
• Empathy. You can put yourself in other’s shoes. You’re passionate about the social enterprise model and want to support innovative ventures that improve the lives of thousands of farmers across Myanmar.
• Team Player. You work and play well with others, and enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
• Flexibility and patience. You can adapt to fast-paced and changing environments and work with a diverse set of people and backgrounds.
• Details, details, details. You pay attention to details and focus on quality and consistency.
Why Join Proximity?
• Learn firsthand how a social enterprise works
• Competitive salary with benefits
• Energize your career, travel around Myanmar and become immersed in innovative ventures across the country
• Work with talented, forward-thinking colleagues
• Collaborative office environment with an in-house café
Send us a note
If you are interested in joining us, write to us at email@example.com. This position is based in Yangon, Myanmar.
Position open until filled.