Marketing and Community Outreach Manager
- Washington, D.C.
- Job Type
- Contact Information
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About the Smart Campaign:
The Smart Campaign works globally to create an environment in which financial services are delivered safely and responsibly to low-income clients. As the world’s first financial consumer protection standard, the Campaign maintains a rigorous certification program, elevates the client voice, and convenes partners to effect change at the national level. Nearly 100 financial institutions, collectively serving more than 41 million people, have been certified for adhering to the Campaign’s industry-accepted consumer protection standards.
The Smart Campaign seeks a Marketing and Community Outreach Manager to build upon its positioning as a recognized leader in financial consumer protection for low-income clients, leverage the Campaign’s outstanding reputation, and expand our work in a constantly evolving industry including financial technology (FinTech).
The Marketing and Community Outreach Manager will play an instrumental role in developing a global communications strategy and base of supporters extending beyond the microfinance industry to raise awareness about client protection and promote the client protection principles. He/she will help to identify emerging consumer protection risks and mitigation strategies, and build the commitment and capacity of relevant stakeholders, with a focus on supporting client protection standards for financial service providers. This person will work with the Smart Campaign Director to ensure the success of the Smart Campaign while also providing support to junior staff and consultants as needed.
Marketing and Communications
– Proactively work with CFI communications team and the Campaign Director to develop and implement the Campaign’s marketing and communications strategy
– Develop and execute communications plans, brand and messaging strategy, donor and organizational reporting, and other communications deliverables as needed
– Develop and oversee development of materials and collateral, including fact sheets, case studies, videos, blogs, social media, newsletters, etc.
– Lead redesign of the Smart Campaign website
– Manage/ develop content updates
– Audit existing content; recommend information architecture, taxonomy, and content strategy, particularly for Campaign Tools
– Support other team members as needed
– Oversee general communication of certification branding/messaging efforts
– Author Campaign Briefs and blog posts, including literature reviews, desk research, annual reports, etc.
Engagement and Partnership Development
– Drive the Campaign’s engagement strategy with financial inclusion communities (FinTech, etc.)
– Drive standards adoption, develop and cultivate relationships with key industry players
– Pitch potential partners with value proposition and mutually beneficial goals of the Campaign
– Work with the Campaign Director to develop a strategy for advocating for policy change in key markets
– Work with regional leads to support local partnership development
Campaign Outreach, Advocacy and Media Relations
– Serve as the Campaigns Ambassador at key industry events to increase awareness and global impact of the Campaign: identify speaking opportunities, participate in conferences to disseminate results of research projects; create supporting materials, including fact sheets, briefs, event summaries, speaker bios and other handouts for public events
– Pitch, brief and monitor media; develop story ideas, press releases, angles and narratives; build and maintain media and stakeholder lists
– Effectively communicate with certified institutions and external partners to identify further areas of collaboration and continue to build the brand
Other duties as assigned
– Degree in Marketing or Communications or related area; Advanced degree preferred
– Generally 10 years of progressive experience in social media/community management, digital communications or marketing
– Proven experience in branding strategy development and execution
– Expertise in user experience design, particularly content strategy and information architecture
– Strong writing and editing skills, including writing for the web and plain language tenets
– Strong interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills
– Ability to manage workload, meet deadlines, and multi-task across multiple projects and priorities
– Well-developed leadership qualities
– Experience leading website redesign process required. Interactive design skills a plus
– Strong understanding of financial consumer protection concepts and trends, experience in financial inclusion is a plus
– Experience living and working in the developing world a plus
– Fluency in a second language is a plus
– Interested in our mission, working globally and a willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change
Apply directly online at: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1854/marketing-and-community-outreach-manager/job