Marketing & Development Intern
- MCE Social Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Please e-mail resume and short cover letter (in PDF format) to email@example.com. Your name, the date, and the position MUST be in the titles of your attached documents to be considered. No phone calls please.
About Us: MCE Social Capital is a non-profit impact investing firm that utilizes an innovative loan guarantee model to help people living in poverty access credit and other financial services on fair terms. Backed by its pioneering Guarantor model, MCE provides low-interest loans to microcredit providers and small and medium-sized businesses, with a special commitment to women and people living in rural areas (78% of MCE’s end borrowers are women and 78% live in rural areas). Since beginning operations in 2006, MCE has disbursed more than $95 million in loans to microfinance institutions, which have in turn made more than 400,000 loans (totaling $160 million) to hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs in more than 30 countries.
Position Description: The Marketing & Development Intern will gain experience in research and analysis, brand development, website development, grant writing, impact investing, microfinance, and international development.
· Graduate student or young professional with passion for international development, research, writing, marketing, and brand development.
· Experience or coursework in microfinance, impact investing, or international development.
· Strong research, writing and communications skills.
· Ability to handle a variety of tasks and be self-directed.
· Experience developing and writing grant proposals.
· Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Demonstrable commitment to social justice or experience living in developing countries a plus.
· Perform research and analysis on potential funding sources and current or prospective partners.
· Assist in the writing and submission of grants proposals.
· Research and draft articles, blog posts, and reports for publishing.
· Draft and distribute press releases.
· Design marketing materials for events, presentations and meetings.
· Other projects as needed.
· 10-15 hours a week, October to December 2015 (flexible)
· Virtual, intern must have reliable Internet access and access to Skype.
· Academic credit available.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail resume and short cover letter (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your name, the date, and the position MUST be in the titles of your attached documents to be considered. No phone calls please.