Marketing Fellowship-Business intelligence, Improved Cookstoves
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
BURN is a social venture that saves lives and forests in the developing world through the design, local production, and distribution of clean burning cookstoves. BURN currently manufactures one stove per minute in its solar-powered modern manufacturing facility just outside of Nairobi, Kenya. BURN has sold more than 200,000 of its flagship ‘jikokoa’ household improved charcoal stoves, thus reaching more than 1 million people. BURN’s Kenya-based product development team works closely with consumers and the factory to launch new products for the East African market
• Monitoring marketing activities: Work with the marketing manager in monitoring above-the-line and below-the-line marketing activities. These are advertising, instore promotions, merchandising etc.
• Manage product tracking and consumer engagement database, including troubleshooting issues and building new functionality
• Analyze data and prepare reports from marketing activities, sales registrations, and SMS and phone based surveys
• Monitoring sales data and advising sales & marketing team weekly on trends
• Understand the Kenyan media landscape (market share, demographics, etc.) and communicate trends and current events to management.
• Monitor, analyze and optimize ROI of marketing campaigns.
• Helping create and tracking sales & marketing KPIs systematically and in a variety of ways
• Communication of sales & marketing data to staff
• Quickly and flexibly creating solutions for obtaining, sharing, and displaying data
• Helping implement and monitor CRM software for use by sales staff
• Aiding in monetization and finding novel uses for Burn data
• Other roles as advised by the sales and marketing leads
Experience / Profile:
• Technical background preferred
• Data analysis and reporting
• Good communication skills
• Knowledge of sales and marketing fields
• Coding skills, particularly Python
Location and Duration:
12-month fellowship in Ruiru, Kenya to begin in early 2017. Fellows receive a stipend of $1,100 per month and housing in a company house. BURN will provide one round trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com in the following filename format: <[First Name, Last Name], Marketing Fellowship [CV/Cover Letter], [Date]>.
For more information on BURN please visit www.burnstoves.com.