Marketing & Graphic Design Manager
- Mercado Global
- Panajachel, Guatemala
- Contact Information
Known for collections rooted in authenticity, Mercado Global accessories are hand-woven for the consumer who values craftsmanship, quality, authenticity, and transparency. Rethinking the status quo, Mercado Global is working to change sourcing patterns of the fashion industry by empowering indigenous artisans in rural Guatemala to become the next generation of business leaders.
Since its inception in 2004, Mercado Global has created job opportunities for over 450 indigenous women in Guatemala’s highlands. The organization has partnered with major brands such as Anthropologie, Calypso St. Barth, Garnet Hill, Holt Renfrew, J.Crew, Pamela Love, and Levi Strauss & Co. Products have been featured in Vogue Italy, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, O! The Oprah Magazine, and WWD, among others. Mercado Global’s model for enlisting the fashion industry in fighting poverty and empowering indigenous women weavers has also been featured on the cover of Newsweek, by NPR and on Good Morning America.
Mercado Global seeks a Marketing & Graphic Design Manager to lead cross-channel marketing strategy and design content for both print and web graphic needs. This is a full time role with a two-year minimum time commitment.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Marketing & Graphic Design Manager” in the subject of email.
Roles + Responsibilities
- In partnership with sales and fundraising teams, develop and maintain annual marketing plan and calendar
- Maintain brand aesthetic through design, graphics, copy, and packaging.
- Design and implement core marketing tools, including:
- Seasonal lookbooks, linesheets, posters, and other graphic needs.
- Annual report
- E-blasts and event collateral
- Website and ecommerce site updates
- Manage social media strategy and content
- Assist in product, artisan and other photography as needed; additionally manage production of seasonal photoshoots
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong graphic design skills, including advanced proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- 3+ years experience in marketing
- Strong initiative and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with teams
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
- International experience a plus
- Photography skills and experience planning photoshoots a plus
- A passion for Mercado Global’s mission.