Marketing Impact Consultant
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Alterna is in search of a professional with solid experience to join and to strengthen the Cultivation Team as we continue our work leading the Central American Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship sector. Our Marketing Impact Consultant will be part of Alterna’s permanent team in the “cultivation” process targeted at entrepreneurs and businesses of various sectors and development stages, supporting them in creating and strengthening their business and impact models especially in marketing strategies.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Design, implementation and validation of Cultivation strategies, materials, tools and activities to help our client entrepreneurs develop relevant commercial strategies including market analysis, client profiling, segmentation, and client procurement approaches.
• Conduct sectorial market research and competitive landscape analysis including price points, positioning and differentiation evaluations.
• Investigate new/innovative sales channels and how to activate those channels to increase the growth potential and facilitate deeper market penetration for our client entrepreneurs.
• Evaluate merchandising approaches and investigate best practices in product presentation.
• Analyze existing communication channels and design relevant communication and branding strategies within defined client segments.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience as an entrepreneur, a consultant or at a company in Marketing and/or Sales Department.
• A degree in Finance, Economics, International Business or Management with a specialization in Marketing and/or Sales.
• Professional working proficiency in both Spanish and English (verbal and writing).
• Proficiency in Office suite; basic design tools.
• Awareness of cultural identity, patience and strong sense of empathy.
• Strong analytical, critical and business judgment, problem-solving skills and outside the box thinking.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with a diversity of actors.
• Flexibility in working contexts and ability to work autonomously and proactively.
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context.
The salary package will be defined depending on the candidate’s experience and profile.
The following benefits are included:
• Gain real world exposure to innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and social entrepreneurship, including key contextual insights on what the entrepreneurial process consists of in Central America.
• Connect with key actors in the social entrepreneurship field through Alterna’s network and open and expand your career trajectory.
• Work with an international team of young and passionate professionals.
• Be immersed in the vibrancy of Guatemalan culture.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are the person we are searching for, please send us your CV and a strong motivation letter (in Spanish) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna aims to catalyze social entrepreneurship from the ground up and envisions a world in which the opportunity to ignite positive change exists in every context. Using a methodology, which has been created the last 5 years based on hands-on experience with social enterprises and entrepreneurs in the region, Alterna has cultivated over 700 local entrepreneurs through its different “cultivation programs™” (business support, training and consulting services).