- Quona Capital
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Quona brings together a diverse team of investment professionals with deep experience in financial services, technology, and entrepreneurship. Our team has lived, worked, and built companies in the emerging markets we serve and the developed economies we seek to connect. You will be surrounded by a close-knit, passionate, and talented group of investment professionals inspired by a mission of quality financial inclusion.
To develop and execute Quona’s marketing and communication strategy to support the fund and its portfolio companies and help build Quona’s recognition as a thought leader driving the high-impact entrepreneurship movement. Successful candidates will have experience in Marketing / Communications – ideally in the tech arena. You will be working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with self-motivated, enthusiastic co-workers. The Marketing/Communications Manager will work closely with Quona’s managing partners and Head of Value Creation.
We prefer this job to be located in our Washington, D.C. office, however, we are open to other options (NYC or SF).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Develop, maintain and optimize Quona’s marketing and communications strategy to reinforce Quona’s position as a leader and pioneer in emerging market fintech investing and as a thought leader in digital financial inclusion. Key elements of the strategy will include:
a) Social media: Develop an integrated social media strategy including content, distribution and target ecosystem. Coordinate with Quona team and portfolio to encourage effective use of social media. Ensure consistent presence and measure performance.
b) Website: Develop and execute strategy to curate, coordinate and socialize Quona website content to attract quality audience and reinforce Quona’s positioning as leader in emerging market fintech .
c) Digital content: Design, execute, and coordinate curation of blogs, podcasts and other digital content for the aforementioned outlets.
d) Broadcast media: cultivate relationships with key journalism outlets (global, tech-centric, financial services centric and region-specific) to showcase Quona portfolio companies and provide channels to share learnings.
2. Maintain and help execute an annual plan of outreach initiatives and events that align with the marketing objectives for both the fund and its portfolio companies. Help with event designing, planning, and execution.
3. Work withthird-party vendors and partnersto help promote the fund and its portfolio companies as needed.
4. Lead the design and execution of periodic external reporting and other print material (teasers, pitch decks etc), working closely with third party firms and vendors, to produce powerful, effective marketing collateral.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience (journalism, digital media, creative agency, strategic marketing communications or another related field)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media. Familiarity with / experience in fintech and/or VC is highly desirable
• Good business judgment and creativity to develop, maintain and deliver on marketing strategy
• Confident and effective communicator and presenter with strong social media savvy
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills, including ability to present concepts in a compelling way both in writing and verbally. Spanish or Portuguese language skills a plus.
• Strong digital and social media presence in professional capacity
• Strong, independent, work ethic, with excellent organizational, planning and project management skills: able to execute creatively and effectively when given a great latitude
• Entrepreneurial and positive personality with strong interpersonal skills and teamwork ability
• Strong motivation to support Quona’s mission and desire to be part of hardworking, fun-loving and passionate team.
Quona Capital (Quona) is the first global venture firm focused on fintech for inclusive finance in emerging markets. We believe that technology has the power to radically improve the quality, access and affordability of financial services for underserved consumers and businesses. We target specific markets in Latin America, Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa, with team members in each region and in the US, leveraging a strategic relationship with Accion, a global leader in financial inclusion. With over $160 million under management, Quona is a leading impact firm backed by marquee institutions, including global investment banks, international insurance companies, a US university endowment, US asset managers, foundations and family offices. Quona combines money and meaning, investing in companies with the mission to generate an attractive return on investment and to change the world for the better. To learn more, check out our portfolio companies and meet the team at Quona.com.