Media and Campaigns Manager
- Netherlands. Outstanding applicants based in London, Nairobi, or other locations compatible with the EU time-zone, will also be considered.
- Job Type
- Full-time, 1 year contract
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please send a motivation letter and resume
- Where to Apply
They’re looking for an experienced and passionate individual to raise the profile of the off-grid solar sector through powerful campaigns, strong media engagement and compelling storytelling.
The off-grid sector has already improved the lives of over 400 million people with clean, affordable energy and will play a vital role in achieving the sustainable development goals and clean energy transition. As the voice of the off-grid solar sector, GOGLA plays a leading role in ensuring the sector’s potential is understood by critical actors including policymakers, investors and market enablers. They are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to manage GOGLA’s campaigns and build media relationships. The right candidate will have an excellent understanding of the global media landscape, with experience in campaign and social media strategies.
Working within the Communications and Insights Team, the Media and Campaigns Manager will use their experience and media contacts to increase the profile of the off-grid solar sector through high-impact campaigns and compelling storytelling.
Design, implement and manage thematic campaigns to reach new, targeted audiences and influencers, that work in conjunction with GOGLA’s advocacy activities.
– Create effective multi-platform campaign content
– Engage, and collaborate with, external strategic communications partners
– Provide an agile media capability that can respond to emerging issues and opportunities, developing strong working relationships with journalists
– Secure coverage in a variety of media outlets including Tier 1 publications (international and in key off-grid solar markets) and those with a technology, development, climate or investment focus.
– Generate content for blogs and external publications
– Support digital media content and management
– Support the coordination of regular communication to GOGLA’s Members
– Support development and implementation of GOGLA’s external communication strategy
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of experience and expertise and that includes:
– Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to write to a high standard and condense complex content into powerful, succinct messages
– Proven track record of working on high-profile campaign activities, media coverage and brand partnerships, with a network of media contacts
– A Master’s degree in Communication Studies, Public Relations, Business Administration, International Studies or related field. Or, demonstrable experience working in campaigns, communications or public relations in an energy, development or technology-focused sector
– A minimum of five years work experience in a related role
– Passionate and knowledgeable about environment and developmental issues
All staff at GOGLA are required to work in line with our organization’s values. This means working boldly, enthusiastically, pro-actively and transparently whilst promoting a good team spirit and treating others in a fair and equal way. Please see our website for more details about our values.
In addition, the above work-related competencies are required for this role:
– Teamwork skills
– Ability to think strategically and work creatively in a fast-paced international environment
– Ability to work in a small team
What’s in it for you:
– An international work environment in a fast-growing, innovative industry
– Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
– A dynamic team and strong global network of members and partners in the off-grid energy and international development sector
– A workplace that provides flexibility and freedom, and expects initiative, passion and drive from motivated self-starters
– The knowledge that you help build an impactful sector and contribute towards a better world