Media Events Coordination
- Paris, France
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Sparknews is a social Startup created in 2012 by Ashoka Fellow Christian de Boisredon. Our mission is to amplify the impact of social and environmental innovations around the world, partnering with leading media outlets, social entrepreneurs and the corporate world.
3 main activities:
SOURCING innovative projects from all over the world that have a high social and environmental impact and developing expertise in these sectors. Example 1, Example 2.
SHARING these solutions during conferences and forums and with the widest audience possible via large scale media operations, including:
Impact Journalism Day, with 50+ leading media in 50+ countries that publish supplements on the same day, together reaching over 120 million readers. See the teaser.
Solutions&Co, with 20+ business newspapers worldwide. In 2016 it was about smart cities, in 2017 we are focusing on circular economy. See a teaser here.
ASSISTING companies in their social innovation strategy – for example through conferences, consultancy missions, seminars, dedicated projects and our Positive Innovation Club (gathering top management of CAC40 companies and SMEs).
What you will do
– Be in direct communication with the media partners/editors-in-chief
– Assist in preparing and delivering a new collaborative media operation : prospecting titles, managing the content with the editorial team, managing specific needs, complex documents and databases etc.
– Coordinate related events around news operations: seminars, forums, workshops etc.
– Assist the team in developing digital strategies for media operations
Qualities and skills required
– work independently and have strong social skills
– fluent in at least two of: French/English/Spanish and/or other languages (Chinese,
Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi etc.) are appreciated but not mandatory
– be interested in the media sector and digital challenges faced by the media
– be dynamic, rigorous and proactive, curious and interested in social innovation
Background: International studies/Communication/
Location: Paris 9e Starting date: Mid-September 2017 (flexible)
Remuneration: € 554 per month + 50% of transportation expenses
Contact: send your CV and cover letter by email to Audrey Jacquet, email@example.com