Media Network Manager
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
Created in 2012 by Christian de Boisredon (Ashoka fellow), Sparknews is a social company, at the crossroad between leading media, corporate and social innovation. Our mission is to share inspiring solutions and initiatives to trigger action. Our three main activities are:
SOURCING initiatives with a social impact, evaluating their relevance and identifying their needs.
SHARING these solutions with the largest number possible either in companies during conferences, at events and most importantly with our network of over 70 partner publications. Sparknews created and coordinates two large scale media operations:
– Impact Journalism Day, is the historic media operation with +55 leading media in +50 countries that publish digital sections and supplements reaching 120 million readers (Le Figaro, Die Welt, El Pais, Irish Times, Asahi Shimbun, The Straits Times, USA today, Al Hayat, La Presse, El Watan, Le Soir, AJ+, etc.). For more information, see www.impactjournalismday.com and the following videos: http://bit.ly/1VWM1t9 and http://bit.ly/1OinRnq
– Solutions&Co, with 20 business publications worldwide (Les Echos, Handelsblatt, Kommersant, Financial Times, Hindu Business Line, etc.) around business solutions to climate change. More here: www.solutionsandco.org
ASSISTING companies in their social innovation strategy. The Club de l’Innovation Positive is a meeting place for like minded individuals in large corporations looking for inspiration and connections to transform their activities in view of positive impact.
Sparknews is looking for a dynamic, agile individual, passionate about uncovering new models to create and disseminate disruptive content and solutions journalism approaches. You would be in charge of consolidating relationships with over 70 current media partners and developing the network. Your missions would include:
• Ensuring Impact Journalism Day and Solutions&Co media partners deliver the best possible content to the overall pool of articles and reach the most readers possible on publication day,
• Creating a sense of community between all participating media via physical events (seminars) and other tools (e.g. Facebook groups), and using this community to refine their approach to solutions journalism,
• Developing new projects with selected media according to local or specific business models and identifying replicable formats to deploy with other media,
• Managing a team of interns to ensure smooth day to day communications with all media,
• Developing ties with the solutions journalism / constructive journalism ecosystem and ensuring Sparknews grows its common expertise on these subjects and is well represented at global events.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
• Passionate about media business models and solutions journalism,
• Comfortable with a great amount of intercultural communication, both via email and on the phone – native/bilingual speakers of English and/or French and/or Spanish preferred. A strong language skillset is a must,
• Excited and experienced in managing a team of interns,
• Able to work with an agile mind-set in an evolving, start-up environment,
• Results driven and able to see your projects through to the end.
Last but not least
The job is based in Paris (9th Arrondissement). Applicants with a valid work visa for Europe are preferred.
Start date: ASAP.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, contact Sandra de Bailliencourt (sdebailliencourt@sparknews.