Membership and Events Program Coordinator
- Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE)
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
ANDE is looking for a Membership and Events Program Coordinator, based in our Washington, DC office. This is a full-time position. We are looking for candidates who fit the description below:
You are a “yes, and…” type of person. You are excited about taking on new tasks and challenges and are eager to create great experiences for others. You think of yourself as the ultimate team player and your team knows they can count on you. When you arrive at a dinner party, your first question is, “How can I help?” You are the go-to organizer for your friends and family. Others are jealous of your organizational skills and color-coded calendars. Not only are you great at the details, but also you understand how small tasks can be essential to big, audacious goals like alleviating poverty. You are resourceful and when you see a problem; you jump at the chance to fix it.
On a more practical level, the ideal candidate will be excited about executing logistical tasks on behalf of the membership and programs (MAP) team – from managing the member activation process to researching a topic related to the entrepreneurship sector to supporting our regional staff with urgent needs. You might start the day following up with potential members interested in joining ANDE followed by running a webinar around Sustainable Agribusinesses for one of our Learning Labs. You could then spend the afternoon working on logistics for our 300+ person Annual Conference. Throughout the day, you may be scheduling calls with renewing members and sending out membership renewal reminders.
– Day to day work involves a wide variety of tasks from handling communication with potential and current members to managing the invoicing process from start to finish for over 290 members
– Organizing global meetings (such as the Annual Conference), setting up quarterly networking events, and hosting monthly webinars for members
– Providing administrative support for the MAP team – including scheduling calls with members across the globe to maintaining a clean database to addressing logistical member requests about event registration and crafting mass emails for various member groups and events
– Each day will be different, but this role will provide exposure to a wide variety of skills experience and topic areas throughout the small and growing business space in emerging markets
The ideal candidate for this role has the following desired skills/experience:
– A Bachelor’s Degree and 1- 2 years of experience (counting internships and summer jobs) providing logistical and/or administrative support for projects and events
– Organized, goal-oriented and excels at handling multiple priorities at once
– Thrilled by the idea of creating and following through with processes
– A true team player and is willing to offer support for any task, no matter how small
– Excels at time management, completing tasks at a high level of quality, and remaining calm under pressure
– Resourceful, proactive and excited to learn and take on new challenges
– Has strong customer service orientation: Can represent ANDE to event participants, support ANDE staff as internal clients, and interface with external vendors
– Interested in learning more about entrepreneurship in emerging markets and excited to engage with diverse cultures on a day-to-day basis
– The candidate will self-identify with and/or have previously thrived in an environment that aligns with ANDE’s Values. At ANDE we:
– Are motivated by the urgency of the global challenges we are trying to address
– Embrace diverse experiences and perspectives
– Value community and collaborative action
– Leverage limited resources for maximum impact
– Work hard and have fun!
Visit https://www.andeglobal.org/networking/apply_now.aspx?view=2&id=553074 to apply.
The Aspen Institute, founded in 1950, is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering enlightened leadership and open-minded dialogue. Through seminars, policy programs, conferences and leadership development initiatives, the Institute and its international partners seek to promote nonpartisan inquiry into critical issues of the day. The Institute is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has campuses in Aspen, Colorado, and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a program within the Aspen Institute. The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. Ultimately, we believe that SGBs can help lift countries out of poverty. Launched with 34 members in 2009, ANDE now comprises more than 290 members who collectively operate in more than 150 countries.