- Global Impact Investing Network
- Deadline for Applications
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
Network Membership and Investors’ Council are two GIIN initiatives managed by the Membership team. Network Membership is for organizations interested in learning about impact investing and membership activities are designed to facilitate networking and information exchange. These include participation in dedicated programming tracks (BoP Basic Services and the Legal Practitioners’ Affinity Group), regular in-person gatherings and webinars, access to a member-directory, facilitated introductions, and enhanced access to other GIIN services such as direct support on IRIS implementation and enhanced data access from ImpactBase. Network Membership was launched in October 2012 and there are currently over 160 Network Members from nearly 30 countries.
The GIIN Investors’ Council (IC) is an invitation-only leadership group for active large-scale impact investors. It provides a forum for experienced impact investors to strengthen the practice of impact investing, collaborate to address shared challenges, accelerate learning about new areas in the field, and contribute to industry development. There are currently 54 IC members, including foundations, development finance institutions, banks, family offices, pension funds, and fund managers. Investors’ Council members have access to exclusive activities focused on advanced practice and industry-building topics, and can also participate in Network Membership activities.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Membership Assistant to support Network Membership and Investors’ Council program administration, service delivery, and member recruitment. As part of the Membership Team, the ideal candidate for the role must have strong organizational skills, professional verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail. The Assistant will split time between the Investors’ Council and Network Membership programs.
· Support member administration, such as processing membership applications, scheduling on-boarding and check-in calls, and responding to general inquiries
· Track and update member information and engagement data in Salesforce and in other formats as needed
· Manage the online membership portal and the member services email account, responding to member inquiries and troubleshooting technical issues
· Interface with members as needed to support programming
· With the Operations team, support the invoicing process for membership dues
Event planning and programming support
· Provide logistical support for activities and events, including venue and other vendor research, procurement and purchasing of supplies, etc.
· Set up and run the logistics for virtual convenings and webinars, including WebEx event generation and real-time webinar support
· Produce participant materials for in-person and virtual convenings, such as attendee lists, sign-up sheets, nametags, participant packets, etc.
· Support post-event close-down, including compiling feedback from surveys and reconciling attendance reports
· Provide back-up operational support for events (in-person and virtual)
Marketing and communications
· Coordinate member outreach across different GIIN programs; prepare and manage the internal member outreach calendar
· Manage scheduling and travel arrangements (domestic and international) for the Membership Team as needed
· Compile, submit, and process expense reimbursements for the Membership Team as needed
· Additional responsibilities as needed
The Membership Assistant must have a high degree of professionalism, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Assistant must also be highly responsible, collaborative, resourceful, and flexible. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver who takes initiative to consistently perform to high standards. This is and will be principally a program support position and the GIIN is seeking candidates who enjoy excelling in an operational and administrative capacity. Experience (including internships) working in a professional office environment is required.
· Work or internship experience demonstrating exceptional administrative, organizational, and/or event planning abilities
· Experience (including internships) working in a professional office environment is required
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Proactive communicator who identifies problems, communicates them, and takes initiative to solve them
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and customer service orientation
· Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
· Comfort with technology solutions and databases, such as SalesForce
· Working knowledge of computer software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Interest in impact investing and/or social and environmental issues
· Ability to work outside of normal business hours at times of peak project flow
· Personable, engaging presence with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
· Bachelor’s degree required
Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. The position is based in New York, NY.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 4, 2015.
State “Membership Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we strongly encourage early applications.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is a sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA). RPA is an equal opportunity employer.
 The GIIN is currently operating under the fiscal sponsorship of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA).