- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The GIIN is seeking a Manager on the Membership Team to lead up to three content streams (e.g. program track or investor-led working group) engaging members from both the Investors’ Council and Network Membership. The Manager also will play a role in recruiting and managing relationships with Network Members. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in project management, client-facing roles, and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Membership Director.
• Development and management of program tracks, industry events, and other membership offerings
o Contribute to building the strategy and value proposition of the GIIN’s membership program and translate this into new investor offerings that respond to the needs and priorities of GIIN members and the broader market
o Develop and manage a portfolio of membership activities and information resources, including but not limited to:
Gender-lens investing: a content stream providing a suite of activities for members investing, or planning to invest, with a gender lens.
Annual member convenings: 2-hour to 2-day conferences attracting up to 100 members to network and share ideas and solutions for impact investing. Key responsibilities could include developing and executing the speaker panels and overseeing staff responsible for event logistics.
Additional or new activities focused on emerging topics for the membership program, such as blended capital, venture debt, or financing the Sustainable Development Goals.
o Serve as lead vis-à-vis the investment community and other GIIN teams in relation to the portfolio of work listed above.
• Relationship management
o Manage and cultivate member relationships with existing Network Members, particularly those participating in the Manager’s assigned programming tracks and working groups
o Participate in recruiting new members for the Network Membership
o Represent the GIIN at third-party, industry events as attendee or panelist
• Event management and operations: Oversee event logistics with potential for direct execution around tasks such as invitation outreach and vendor coordination.
• Data management and knowledge-sharing: Track and report on member engagement in Salesforce and in other formats as needed
• Additional responsibilities as needed.
The Manager must have demonstrated success in working effectively with diverse stakeholders and balancing deliverables on multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is a problem-solver, a people person, a creative and strategic thinker adept at identifying market trends and translating them into value propositions for the GIIN Membership. Familiarity with financial instruments and investment concepts, structures, and practice is highly valued.
• Knowledge of impact investing sector and its actors
o Experience working in finance is a benefit though not required
o Specific knowledge of Base of the Pyramid (BoP), emerging market, and/or gender-lens investing is a plus but is not required
• Demonstrated relationship management experience; passion for networking and playing the role of connector to help others build strong relationships
• Expert project manager with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with public speaking/presentation experience required
• Intellectual drive, thinking about big issues, what makes and moves markets, what inspires people
• Ability to speak confidently and knowledgeably in areas with less familiarity; adaptable and dynamic in face of changing themes
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently; flexibility and willingness to pitch in
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours at times of peak project flow
• Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Salesforce or another customer relationship management systems is required
• Event planning experience strongly preferred
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience showing ability to manage projects, key relationships, and multi-stakeholder engagements
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 9, 2017
State “Membership Manager_First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we strongly encourage early applications.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing globally. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances.
The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to the sector. To this end, the GIIN currently runs a number of programs which are described in detail on our website, including GIIN Membership, IRIS, Research, ImpactBase, and the Fund Manager Training Program.
The GIIN Membership is the largest community of impact investors globally, with over 220 organizations across 33 countries representing asset owners, asset managers, and service providers. The Membership comprises two distinct networks:
(1) The Investors’ Council (IC) is an invitation-only leadership group for active, large-scale impact investors. It provides a forum for experienced investors to strengthen practice, collaborate to address shared challenges, and contribute to industry development. There are currently 54 IC members, including foundations, development finance institutions, banks, family offices, pension funds, and asset managers.
(2) The Network Membership provides a platform for like-minded organizations to deepen their engagement with the impact investment industry. Various offerings – such as events/webinars, working groups, information resources, and facilitated introductions – are provided to facilitate networking, sharing of experience, and collaborative problem-solving. There are over 180 Network Members, including asset owners, asset managers, and service providers.
Current areas of focus across the GIIN Membership include financing access to basic services for underserved consumers, developing new/alternative investment products for impact investing, solutions for blending commercial and philanthropic capital, environmental or climate-related investing, and the mobilization of institutional capital for impact investing.