Microcredit Sales Officer
- TAI, The Accessibility Institute
- Kenya, Kilifi / Mombasa
- Job Type
- Full-time contract, local position
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com, quoting APP MCSO_firstname_familyname in the subject
- Where to Apply
TAI exists to break the loop between disability, poverty and social exclusion.
In their workshop in Kilifi, Kenya, they are manufacturing and distributing SafariSeat, the all-terrain, low cost wheelchair, changing the lives of people with mobility impairment in Kenya.
They are distributing SafariSeat to the poorests in collaboration with Donors, and they are empowering people with the choice over their disability, allowing them to buy SafariSeat at microcredit.
They are looking for a Microcredit sales officer to manage sales at credit and administer/follow loan repayments.
The microcredit sales officer will :
* contact CBOs focusing on physical disability, and organize with their collaboration meetings with potential SafariSeat users
* hold group meetings with users for presenting SafariSeat and its offer and one-to-one meetings as needed to discuss purchase in detail, follow-up with potential buyers and close sale, administer sale contract signature
* regularly check loan repayments (via Mpesa) and visit non paying clients for ensuring repayment.
* collect precious customer marketing information while selling, and follow-up with clients, checking customer satisfaction, and turn insights into recommendations shared with the team
* bachelor degree
* dynamic, autonomous once given general guidelines and goals
* self-driven, committed to improve the life of people low income with disabilities,
* goals oriented
* not an office-hours person, doing what needed to achieve targets
* detail oriented for properly managing contracts, checking and following-up payments
* great communication skills, able to frame information in a simple and clear way , still with the detail needed, to people with low level of literacy
* inspiring confidence without overshooting, able to have a firm with clients talk when necessary
* open minded, eager and able to learn about customers while selling, not only selling
* learning from mistakes
* team player
* able to travel within Kenya
* fluent in Swahili, written and spoken English at working level
They will review applications on a rolling basis. Apply now to be considered within the first applicants.