Microfinance Partnerships Analyst/Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Rwanda or Kenya
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Exceptional financial inclusion professional with 2-4+ years of work experience to help grow our microfinance partnerships division.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
Although most of the world’s poorest people are farmers, the microfinance sector is still heavily focused on the urban and per-urban poor. Only 3% of the current demand for smallholder finance is being met. We are challenging ourselves to think big, and to invest resources into supporting an overall increase in the quality and availability of financial services for smallholder farmers.
The Microfinance Partnerships Analyst/Manager will work within a small team of 4 full time staff, and report to the Microfinance Partnerships Manager. You will support One Acre Fund’s efforts to advocate and influence the microfinance sector on behalf of smallholder farmers; to build a stronger community of practice among MFIs with smallholder finance products; and to develop operational partnerships with MFIs to increase the availability and quality of smallholder finance services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Microfinance Partnerships Analyst/Manager will perform the following and other duties as assigned
- Significant onboarding period in one of our existing country operations in Kenya or Rwanda
- Conduct primary and secondary research in the smallholder finance sector, including field visits to relevant MFIs and other FSPs.
- Support the work of the Microfinance Partnerships Manager to forge operational partnerships with microfinance organizations.
- Support/lead the management of consulting and operating contracts with MFIs and other relevant organizations including managing the delivery of field operations where relevant.
- Support the activities of a coalition of leading microfinance practitioners, in collaboration with the Microfinance Partnerships Manager.
- Attend/speak at industry events where appropriate.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2 – 4+ years of work experience including experience in the financial inclusion sector.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Past microfinance/financial access/agriculture experience required. Leadership and operational experience desirable.
- Excellent communications, relationship building and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to initiate and lead new projects independently
- Ability to travel extensively and independently within Africa and other international destinations, 30-40% of the time.
- Experience working in the developing world
- Accomplished researcher and writer. Policy & communications experience helpful.
- Top–performing undergraduate background (please include GPA and test scores on your resume).
- A deep and genuine commitment to serving the poor.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently in challenging environments
- A passion for One Acre Fund\’s program.
- A sense of humor.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required, French desirable
Preferred Start Date: Flexible
Compensation: Starts modest and is commensurate with experience. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Benefits: Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes