Mobile Tech Associate/Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Deadline for Applications
One Acre Fund wants to push innovation in this space and we need incredible people to help create this change. Example projects include:
· Field Staff Performance Enhancement – One Acre Fund has thousands of field staff. Governments have tens of thousands of extension agents serving farmers. We could harness mobile technology to drive improved performance of field staff in multiple contexts through a variety of applications.
· Mobile Payments – in some markets, One Acre Fund already allows farmers to make payments through the mobile phone network. There should be a huge opportunity to not only scale this work across our organization, but also explore opportunities to better enable all farm families to save and pay for extremely impactful products.
· Distribution and Collection of Information and Data – despite a wealth of information in the world on agriculture, most farmers have very little access to this information. Mobile technology could not only serve as the gateway for farmers and others, but it could also facilitate the collection of critical data to improve services to farmers.
· Rapid prototyping and adaptation of existing field tools: As our field teams think of new potential applications for mobile technology, we need someone who can coordinate rapid prototyping and field testing of existing solutions, before more thorough roll-out.
The Mobile Tech Projects Associate/Manager need not be a software developer, but rather someone with a passion for leveraging technology to do good in the world, and serving as an overall coordinator of all of our work involving mobile tech. This will involve the following additional responsibilities:
· Identifying existing mobile tech solutions and helping to test and adapt them to serve One Acre Fund’s needs as well as dreaming up new applications and uses for mobile technology to serve farm families.
· Working with software and hardware contractors, including bulk SMS.
· Coordinating with many teams, including Tech, Field Operations, Finance, Logistics, and M&E.
· Building systems and protocols around the storage, maintenance, security, and charging of mobile/tablet devices.
· With success, building a team to scale the most promising applications and further explore new opportunities in current and new markets.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Manager candidates should have 4-6+ years of experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Demonstrated passion for, and preferably experience in, applications of mobile technology to business or social problems. We do not need someone with a software coding background, but ideally seek someone who can comfortably operate in a technically demanding environment and translate these concepts to our field-based teams.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
[Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.]
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
Complete the form on our website. You will be prompted to submit your CV and cover letter. You may also be asked to submit work samples for some positions. Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS) in the appropriate section.