Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- Job Type
- Contact Information
We are a platform that designs, proposes and activates routes of innovation to achieve sustainable, inclusive and profound change. We seek systemic impact, building from the details up.
At Alterna, we believe in a world in which the ability to transform reality can arise from any context; therefore, we activate transformative businesses from the ground up. Since 2011, we have worked with more than 1,500 entrepreneurs to help strengthen and scale the region’s most disruptive and high-impact businesses.
About The Job
As Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, you Will work directly with our Cultivation team and coordinate all M&E activities necessary to evaluate the services offered by Alterna to entrepreneurs and other activities carried out within the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
The scope of your work will include:
• Coordinating and strengthening data collection from entrepreneurs through surveys, interviews, and other collection methods deemed necessary
• Optimizing processes and technical management of data through internal tools and platforms
• Generating evaluation reports for internal and external audiences, through a solid statistical analysis of key metrics, identifying correlations, trends, and projections.
• Strengthening the analysis of entrepreneurs’ needs
• Supporting the cultivation team with impact measurement strategies, coordinating the collection of social and environmental impact data from served entrepreneurs, generating impact reports in order to develop new social innovation services
• Strengthen the knowledge management processes, generating continuous learning and evaluation of the contribution of Alterna to the development of served businesses.
• Participate in project design by providing detailed data analysis and concrete recommendations to inform strategic decision making.
• You have four or more years of professional experience in related roles
• You are a native speaker or have an advanced level of Spanish
• You have a degree in Business, engineering, statistics, or economics- masters degree is a plus
• You have previous experience in M&E in a public or private organization. You are comfortable managing databases, carrying out statistical analysis, and generating top level reports that contribute with useful learnings for the organization and the ecosystem. You have ideally participated in complete M&E processes or know their key components
• You have previous experience with entrepreneurship or small and growing businesses, ideally including social enterprises
• You have experience living or working in a developing country and an understanding of the challenges and opportunities in this context
• Microsoft Office is no stranger to you, and you have an advanced level of Excel skills
• You are familiar and comfortable use of data bases and CRM software. Ideally, you also have knowledge of at least one data management or statistical analysis software. (CRM softwares, R, Stata, SQL, etc)
• You have excellent written and verbal communication in both Spanish and English.
In addition to this, we are also looking for candidates with the following personal traits:
• Your motivation has no limits. You are constantly looking for opportunities to add value to the organization. You love to learn, grow, and innovate.
• You are very organized, report your progress regularly, and are capable of carrying out projects from start to finish with complete autonomy. You are patient and are not frustrated by unexpected changes
• You listen and you always question and understand things instead of assuming and judging
• You spend some time imagining and creating solutions to problems and you genuinely want to contribute to positive change through your work
The full Terms of Reference are available on our career portal.
If this job sounds like a fit for you, visit our career portal at:
If you have any additional questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit our website: http://www.alterna.pro/