Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Location: GVEP Africa Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Programmes Director, Africa
To lead GVEP International’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) work in Africa, to enhance quality M&E, analysis and learning from project implementation by ensuring appropriate use of M&E frameworks and tools that assure quality programme delivery across GVEP and partners’ projects. This position works with the Africa Programme Director to provide technical support to project and country teams in the use of the GVEP programme framework in all programmes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities of the Position
- Working with the Programme Director and other key staff, review and update the GVEP Programme Framework
- Design M&E framework and systems, identify key performance parameters for new programmes and projects and ensure the effective use by staff, partners and stakeholders as necessary
- To take the lead in conducting continuous analysis of enterprises performance from the baseline data and produce cross-sectional reports reflecting different growth variables including but not limited to sales, employments, profitability etc.
- Build capacity of staff in project monitoring and data collection against set indicators, and use of such information in development of project reports
- Undertake regular field visits to provide support for proper application of M&E frameworks
- Synthesize and analyze programme and project data for periodic measurement of set program and organizational performance indicators and for report development
- Work with the Director of Learning and Innovation to conduct case studies, define best practices and make recommendations to the GVEP management and staff on the best programme approaches
- Draft TORs for the engagement of consultants who conduct baselines, evaluations and other form of research for GVEP’s programmes and review reports generated by the consultants.
- Develop appropriate research tools for conducting both qualitative and quantitative surveys and training staff and external enumerators in the use of the tools.
- Support Program Managers and the Business development team in the formulation of baseline measures and targets, during writing and set up of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Work closely with the communication department in developing and disseminating communication programme results, best practices and success stories
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in the project areas, methods of collecting it and the degree to which it will provide good data for results based evaluation.
- Degree in social sciences, statistics or other related field
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience managing monitoring and evaluation for complex development activities
- Extensive experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks for international development programs, including developing performance indicators, data collection and analysis systems and tools
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodology , data quality assurance , analysis and reporting
- High level of competency in managing data information
- Strong writing skills and experience with producing technical reports required.
- Understanding of statistical software and data management required.
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Qualifications or experience with gender work will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English, French will be an added advantage
Please send your CV plus a cover letter (in English) outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience match the job specification to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by latest 4th July 2016.