Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
- Contact Information
We are currently recruiting for a Monitoring and Evaluation Associate to support our Business Cultivation Program. With your 2-4 years of experience working in Program Evaulation, Operations, Client Services or Data Analysis, this role presents a unique entry into social entrepreneurship in an emerging market and is a chance to apply your skill set in a dynamic, start-up environment.
Our M&E Associate must have experience building and optimizing information management systems; interdisciplinary knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data analysis; and, genuinely enjoy applying best field practices for ROTI standards to the local context and adapting them to measure the impact of Alterna entrepreneurs. Reporting directly to our Director of Impact Investment and Cultivation Program Manager, this role will be responsible for streamlining our tracking mechanisms to monitor the impact of both Alterna’s programs and our entrepreneurs’ businesses.
You’ll be working both with the team and with our community of entrepreneurs to collect quantitative and qualitative data, and seek the best way to analyze and represent the information that is collected in this process.
It’s the type of hands-on involvement that will allow you to generate a lasting, sustainable impact, while developing your professional skills, learning with and from Alterna’s senior leadership team and contributing greatly to the overall results of our model.
Who are you?
– You love numbers. You have a fluency in data analysis that allows you to be creative in interpreting metrics, coming up with new ways to capture the “full” picture of social impact.
– You are obsessed with the details but can also see the big picture. You have tabs on who is reporting their data and who isn’t—and you can also explain why they might not be reporting, and think about how to design processes to capture this information.
– You’re a strategic thinker. It’s exciting to you to build out a platform that will not only capture the day-to-day functions of our entrepreneurs, but that will also contribute to the greater impact of Alterna’s work.
– You’re interested in both qualitative and quantitative information, and recognize that to truly measure impact in the social entrepreneurship sector, you need to analyze and gather both sets of data.
– You’re patient. You’re open to understanding the nuances of collecting data and challenges that surround large sets of information, and not only are you willing to spend all day cleaning up an unruly Excel spreadsheet, but you can also work with and train cultivated entrepreneurs to report on their own impact and gather their data in an accessible and interesting way that will help their business grow.
– Social Impact is your passion. You enjoy reading articles on IRIS methodology, attending webinars and proactively seek out new innovations in the emerging market/M&E sector
– You have experience self-directing, proposing solutions to problems that either you or others have previously identified as major barriers to data collection.
– You continuously research innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of M&E, data collection and overall reporting practices.
– A BA in Finance, Economics or Business; MBA/MS preferable
– 2-4 years of experience with a multinational, consultancy or similar organization and an interest in working in the social entrepreneurship sector
– Fluency in Salesforce or similar information management systems (CRM tools)
– Fluency in data analysis in Excel
– Familiarity with IRIS reporting standards
– Passionate about Data Visualization and representation of numbers in interesting ways
– Professional working proficiency in English and in Spanish
– Strong analytical, business judgment and problem-solving skills
– Minimum 1 year commitment
– Supporting social SMEs in the field is not easy. We´re looking for resourceful, flexible and creative individuals. You’ll also need to enjoy working on your own and as part of the team, be proactive, be passionate about making a difference and have a sense of humor!
– Financial savvy
– Prior experience working/operating in data analysis with respect to emerging markets
– Prior experience working for a start-up with a social/tech focus
– Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
– Knowledge of, and passion for, social entrepreneurship and impact investing
– Solid professional trajectory, ideally in a multinational, consultancy, start-up or leading NGO
How do you apply?
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, including how you heard about Alterna. Send these to email@example.com. Please include your name in the Subject of the email. We look forward to receiving your application!