MPOWER Summer Marketing Intern
- MPOWER Financing
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Interested in joining a young DC-based startup focused on removing financial barriers to higher-education? Have you experienced first-hand the challenge of getting a private student loan from a bank as an international student or as a resident without a strong co-signer? MPOWER is a start-up / B Corp headquartered in DC and believes in broadening access to credit for high-potential students left out of traditional banking options.
You’ll serve in a central role on MPOWER’s marketing team. In this role, you will assist with original content creation (in the form of blog posts and articles) for our website. You will also assist with the management with our social media accounts. Additionally, you will get hands on experience with press releases, Google Analytics, and overall marketing strategy.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
– Help come up with new blog concepts and drafts on a weekly basis for an MPOWER borrower audience
– Assist with the creation of two monthly newsletters: one for MPOWER investors and one for MPOWER borrowers
– Provide feedback on MPOWER press releases on a regular basis
– Come up with your own ideas on new articles we can publish on our website or other media outlets
– Write unique daily posts to be published on our LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter pages
– Monitor MPOWER’s various newsfeeds to stay up to date on the goings on of the FinTech and Higher Education sectors
– Monitor and generate reports on audience reach through our various media outlets
– Determine best practices in terms of when and what to post to have the greatest impact in order to push more visitors to our website.
This is a full-time on-site position in MPOWER’s DC Offices. This role reports directly to MPOWER’s Senior Operations / Marketing Analyst.
– Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or related field
– Understanding of MPOWER’s mission; passion for making a positive impact on students’ lives
– Basic understanding of financial services and student loan products specifically
– Experience in marketing to students and/or marketing financial products is a major plus
– Comfortable working in a startup environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything
– Positive outlook, sense of humor, and ability to communicate openly
– Fluency in foreign languages is a plus
Why work with MPOWER?
– Gain exposure to a young, dynamic, tech savvy environment with one of the fastest-growing startups in Washington, DC
– Help build a socially impactful product that gives young people access to education by removing financial barriers
– Do work that has a real tangible impact for the company as part of a lean and action-oriented team
– Gain experience across functions, from Marketing to Operations to Finance
– Become part of a team that actively wants you to succeed – during your internship AND after
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief paragraph explaining your interest.