MPOWER Summer Operations Intern
- MPOWER Financing
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Interested in joining a young DC-based startup focused on removing financial barriers to higher-education? Have you experienced first-hand the challenge of getting a private student loan from a bank as an international student or as a resident without a strong co-signer? MPOWER is a start-up headquartered in DC and believes in broadening access to credit for high-potential students left out of traditional banking options.
You’ll serve in a central role on MPOWER’s Operations team. In this role, you will be focused on managing and improving our operational processes to sustain and build our infrastructure. You will develop strategies to ensure that every MPOWER borrower has a positive experience. You will also have 100% ownership over a project that you develop and create on your own (with support as you need it). Because we’re growing so rapidly, some responsibilities may evolve and change, but you will play a vital role on our team.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
– Understanding our product inside and out
– Manage key processes and critically think about opportunities for improvements
– Give our borrowers the best experience by building sustainable and scalable solutions
– Draw insights based on our datasets to promote efficiency and influence decisions for the MPOWER team
This is a full-time on-site position in MPOWER’s DC Offices. This role reports directly to MPOWER’s CEO and Co-Founder.
– Understanding of MPOWER’s mission; passion for making a positive impact on students’ lives
– Basic understanding of financial services and student loan products specifically
– Excellent communication, problem-solving, analytical-thinking and client-relationship skills
– Comfortable working in a startup environment, meaning a small agile team, fast-evolving roles and responsibilities, a high degree of autonomy, and 80-20 everything
– Positive outlook, sense of humor, and ability to communicate openly
– Fluency in foreign languages is a plus
Why work with MPOWER?
– Gain exposure to a young, dynamic, tech savvy environment with one of the fastest-growing startups in Washington, DC
– Help build a socially impactful product that gives young people access to education by removing financial barriers
– Do work that has a real tangible impact for the company as part of a lean and action-oriented team
– Gain experience across functions, from Marketing to Operations to Finance
– Become part of a team that actively wants you to succeed – during your internship AND after
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com along with a brief paragraph explaining your interest.