Mrida Education and Welfare Society
- Mrida Education and Welfare Society
- Mandla, Madhya Pradesh
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Mrida Education and Welfare Society, Madhya Pradesh
Mrida Education and Welfare Society’s (MEWS) mission is to help spread well-being.
MEWS is currently running a school (Riverside Natural School) in rural India – in the Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh and has plans to engage with more children in the region by providing high quality education.
MEWS is a young organization which wants to take wholistic, concrete and scalable steps in the field of education to impact the education scenario in rural areas of the country that are growing both in aspirations and need. It is time to cater to this need with efficiency and thrill for education for which MEWS is looking for fresh minds and young hearts.
Reporting to: MEWS management
– Oversee teachers’ daily planning meeting, give suggestions, facilitate discussions on various academic and child-centric issues, ideate around new events to be conducted at the school, be responsible for ensuring learning is happening at the primary level, etc.
– From time to time, identify teachers’ learning needs and gaps and inform MEWS management accordingly
– Interact regularly with the local community, parents and other stakeholders
– Guide teachers in preparing their own teaching learning materials and lesson plans ahead of the class
– Documentation of school processes and evolution with guidance from MEWS management
– Management local regulatory aspects related to the school such as submission of periodic data, etc. to education department
– Conceptualize and implement other rural programs in education in collaboration with MEWS management
– Oversee expansion and school scale-up with guidance from MEWS management
– Manage monthly school accounts
– Provide a monthly report in an assigned format to the MEWS management
– Update the school’s photo library, website and blog from time to time
– Manage other administrative processes not covered above
– Other duties as assigned by MEWS management
– Excellent academic record especially in Mathematics and Science
– Experience of working in a team
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
– Good interpersonal skills and commitment to building a collective spirit
– Good knowledge of Hindi
– Enjoys dancing, painting, singing, playing an instrument, carpentry or any other handwork or playing sports
– Bachelors degree with very strong academics
– Willingness to work in a team
– Post graduation is desirable though not mandatory
Remuneration is competitive and in line with development sector standards with enormous opportunities for individual growth
If this role interests you, please email your most recent CV with a covering letter talking about yourself and why you are right for this position at email@example.com. Please ensure that the subject line is: ‘Application for the position of Programme Manager- Education’. Applications without the covering letter will not be considered.
The selected candidate will initially be hired for a period of one year – the candidate will be on probation for the first three months. The contract may then be extended based on performance and role fit.
Please feel free to write if you have any other questions about the role. You can see our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/