National Organization on Disability – Special Projects Manager
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The National Organization on Disability (NOD) is a private, non-profit organization that promotes the full participation and contributions of America’s 57 million people with disabilities in all aspects of life.
Today, the National Organization on Disability focuses on increasing employment opportunities for the 80-percent of working-age Americans with disabilities who are not employed. To achieve this goal, NOD offers a suite of workforce solutions, tailored to meet leading companies’ talent needs. NOD has helped some of the world’s most recognized brands be more competitive in today’s global economy by building or enriching their disability inclusion programs.
ABOUT THE POSITION – SPECIAL PROJECTS MANAGER
We’re looking for a Special Projects Manager to contribute to our mission and impact by effectively managing a variety of projects, supporting engagement of our Board of Directors, and stewarding new and existing relationships – all in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Under the President’s direction, and working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, the Special Projects Manager will drive board engagement by supporting high impact meetings for this group of corporate and civic leaders; increase the bandwidth of Executive Leadership by effectively leveraging their time, working closely with the Executive Assistant; and work across the organization on new and ongoing projects, playing a key role in ensuring that NOD achieves its disability employment mission and growth goals.
The ability to write clearly and articulately, synthesize information, and manage relationships are critical skills for this position. The ideal candidate will bring superior project management, organizational and prioritization abilities and will demonstrate strong judgment and tact. He or she will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, maintaining a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Manager must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities with discretion and a commitment to quality; he or she will thrive in a dynamic, results-driven environment.
This position, located at NOD headquarters in downtown Manhattan, offers the opportunity to learn and grow with a high-performing team and outstanding network.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Special Projects – Drive the end-to-end scoping, planning, management and delivery of special projects, as assigned by the President and COO. Produce high quality, on-time deliverables. Utilize project management tools to plan and report on progress and coordinate the work of additional team members, as needed.
• Relationship Management – Act as a liaison with new and established strategic partners, keeping them apprised of developments at NOD and maximizing opportunities for engagement.
• Board Meeting Management – Work with the President and COO to prepare the meeting agenda and coordinate the production of all materials and presentations.
• Board Relations – Support Executive Leadership on board communications, staffing of individual board member calls and meetings (including obtaining the input of Executive Leadership on the agenda and materials), and onboarding of new Directors, resulting in high quality, timely materials.
• Maximizing Executive Leadership’s Bandwidth – Coordinate with the Executive Assistant and other NOD staff to brief the President and Executive Leadership on upcoming meetings, including synthesizing information, conducting research, and drafting internal and external communications, which may include: speaking notes, reports, and presentations in the voice of the President, as needed. Partner with the Executive Assistant to effectively steward the President’s time, identifying activities that can be completed independently or by other staff members.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH…
• Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of professional experience
• Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, effectively prioritize time and tasks, and work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, developing solutions and taking initiative
• Strong project management and organizational skills, with a demonstrated commitment to high-quality work product, and attention to detail
• Demonstrated experience communicating with individuals at all levels of an organization, including corporate executives
• Must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and a professional demeanour
• Flexibility, and the ability to handle the uncertainties associated with a fast-paced environment
• Strong learning orientation – the ability to learn from mistakes and the desire to continuously improve and grow
• Strong research, analysis and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work extended hours and/or travel, as needed
• Knowledge of and/or interest in disability issues strongly preferred
HOW TO APPLY?
Please complete a quick application to the role of Special Projects Manager at National Organization on Disability through this link here – http://bit.ly/2bAVVQC. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, yet, we look forward to receiving yours soon!
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.