New Markets Operations Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Deadline for Applications
Here is a review of critical functions:
- Finance Systems Innovation – working with our global finance and software teams, design and develop systems to support new products such as a payment system for hundreds of private agrodealers to increase the distribution of impactful products to farmers, or a compensation system for a region-wide marketing team. In general, the New Operations Manager will lead collaboration with the global finance team in new markets to build the team and processes to allow operations to expand at a rapid scale.
- Effective Logistics and Procurement Systems in Rural Communities – working with our global Input and Logistics teams, design and implement systems to procure and distribute key products across rural communities. An example includes navigating the importation process to procure tens of thousands of solar lights into a new market and designing a distribution process to get the lights to hundreds of local distributors.
- People – drawing on the expertise of our Regional People Operations team, adapt and implement people policies and systems to have systematic and effective support for hundreds of staff members across multiple countries.
- Software and IT – lead coordination with global software team to develop and implement applications and IT solutions to address operational needs in each new market. One possible application is a purchasing system for farmers or shop owners. The operations team will also need to oversee the day to day procurement and maintenance of IT office equipment.
- Corporate Administration – management of in-country headquarters, and coordination of work affecting staff, including property management, security, and health infrastructure.
- Build and Manage a Team – the Operations Manager will lead efforts across 3-5 countries. To do this effectively, they will need to recruit and train key deputies in each country and work closely with these direct reports to allow the team to achieve its goals.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 5+ years of work experience and, ideally, a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
· Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
· Experience working on strategy development for a team or organization and development of processes and systems
· Experience managing a team, hiring and developing new staff
· Strong excel and data analysis skills. Strong affinity for details.
· Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
· Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
· Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
See the full job description and application details on our website. Please review the job description and follow the instructions to apply. You will be prompted to submit your CV and cover letter. For some positions, you will also be asked to submit work samples. Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS) in the appropriate section.
East Africans Encouraged to Apply