New Markets People Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Deadline for Applications
Here is a review of key responsibilities:
- Attract World Class Talent – we want to build a global team to initiate and scale operations in new markets. To attract a large volume of the high caliber talent in every market, the New Market People Manager will need to hire a team of local recruiters, develop systems for them, and manage their performance. The People Manager will also be personally involved in interviewing and evaluating the highest-level candidates.
- Coordinate Region and Country Wide Professional Development Initiatives– our teams are rich with diversity – some team members are farmers, while others have advanced degrees from the best universities in the world. We want every team member to experience rapid growth. We will need to adapt and develop training and development curriculum to meet the needs of all team members to make sure everyone develops and progresses at a fast rate.
- Team Culture and Other People Systems – develop and drive initiatives in each market to allow us to lay the foundation for a strong team culture. The New Market People Manager will also need to devise and coordinate the implementation of other country level systems.
- Build and Manage a Team – the People Manager will lead efforts across 3-5 countries. To do this effectively, they will need to recruit and train key deputies and work closely with these direct reports to allow the team to achieve its goals.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 5+ years of work experience and, ideally, a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Management experience in at least one of the following (or related) areas: human capital development, management consulting, talent recruitment and retention, organizational efficiency, global organization human resources, etc.
- Demonstrated passion for cultivating relationships
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
See the full job description and application details on our website. Please review the job description and follow the instructions to apply. You will be prompted to submit your CV and cover letter. For some positions, you will also be asked to submit work samples. Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS) in the appropriate section.
East Africans Encouraged to Apply