New Ventures Associate/Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Deadline for Applications
This person will:
- Design and Trial Products and Services which can Rapidly Scale to a Regional or National level. Example projects include:
- Rural Retail Innovations – rural retail and distribution is ripe for improvement and disruption. The retail landscape is dominated by small mom and pop shops which reach into most villages across rural communities. Many of these private businesses, however, do not carry life impacting products such as solar lights, and suffer from stock outs and other operational inefficiencies. The New Venture team is designing and trialing products to complement and enhance this retail network with a goal to improve services to hundreds of thousands of farm families in the next three years.
- Large Scale Marketing Campaigns – basic agricultural knowledge and inputs – seed and fertilizer – allow farmers to produce more food for their families. Unfortunately, the majority of households in most markets continue to lack awareness of this basic information. The New Ventures team is carrying out marketing campaigns in several markets with the aim to scale these efforts to national levels to better inform millions of farmers about how they can increase their yields.
- Mobile Applications – adoption of mobile phones is on a rapid rise in many markets. The New Ventures team is seeking to develop and trial mobile applications to support extension workers, shop owners, and farmers. These applications could reach millions of families, providing them with critical information and opportunities to purchase life changing products.
- Develop Strategies and Push Innovation – identify new products or opportunities which could benefit farm families. New Ventures team members will then coordinate research and evaluation of new products and opportunities.
- Build and Manage a Team – hire, develop, and lead a team to effectively execute in the field.
- Coordinate with External Partners – manage relationships with key partners who are relevant to our work. Partners could include executives at seed companies, representatives from solar companies, etc.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 4+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
- Demonstrated passion for cultivating relationships with public and private sector actors.
- Experience developing innovative ideas and opportunities. We are seeking and entrepreneur at heart.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
See the full job description and application details on our website. Please review the job description and follow the instructions to apply. You will be prompted to submit your CV and cover letter. For some positions, you will also be asked to submit work samples. Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS) in the appropriate section.
East Africans Encouraged to Apply