- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Liz Karageorgos
1. Coordinates daily operations to maintain an efficient and smooth running office, promotes a healthy work environment, and fosters Root Capital’s culture and values
a. Maintain stock of office supplies and equipment; Ensure purchasing is cost-effective and aligned with our organizational values.
b. Create and manage office systems; Ensure systems are properly implemented (e.g. kitchen duty, parking spots, conference room reservations).
c. Serve as office receptionist; Manage the general office phone line, greet and accommodate visitors.
d. Distribute mail and coordinate courier services.
e. Prepare daily deposits of checks and maintain petty cash (Back up for Board & Compliance Officer)..
f. Lead initiatives to minimize Root Capital’s environmental footprint and maximize our social impact, through day-to-day activities or special projects (e.g. community-supported agriculture program).
2. Serve as primary contact with building management and vendors
a. Ensure compliance with office lease; Coordinate staff parking spot rentals; Execute distribution and programming of key cards
b. Oversee the maintenance of office machines and equipment in coordination with IT team (Ex: Fax machine, printers, stamp machine, , ; Collaborate with the IT team on training of office equipment
c. Liaise with main vendors and ensure our systems are cost-effective and reflect our commitment to environmental and social sustainability.
d. Review incoming invoices and distribute for approval with budget managers
e. Provide service back up on conference call trouble shooting.
f. Manage Root Capital mobile (AT&T & T-Mobile) account, including the purchase of our mobile devices.
3. Serve as site Administrator for office service accounts (Ex: Concur Travel and FedEx) Support Office Space Projects
a. Coordinate spaces for new hires, interns, visiting staff and consultants.
b. Orient new staff to the Cambridge office, its procedures and systems.
c. Support management of common spaces, assist with the advancement of space planning projects involving office decor and unexpected space issues
4. Support internal communications activities and lead communications with Cambridge and Global staff
a. Communicate office-related updates and proper procedures to staff.
b. Oversee and share information related to administration for dedicated internal administration portal
c. Maintain up-to-date policy and procedure manuals and informational documents.
d. Coordinate with global office administrators for travel arrangements, collateral orders and global admin processes
5. Coordinate internal events for the Cambridge office
a. In coordination with HR Operations Associate plan and coordinate special events, including annual holiday party, volunteering events, social activities, and staff recognition celebrations: (ex: Cambridge Staff Meetings, , Brown Bags, Happy Hours, Food Project trips (once per year), , Office birthdays, Office babies, End of Year Gifts, Weddings.)
b. Coordinate Sustainability effort events: Earthworm and waste collection, World PEAS info session, Clothing swaps, No Impact week, CSA share help (receive, organize, make sure “share holders” pick up their box at the end of the day recycle boxes) runs from June- October
6. Facilitate travel logistics for field staff visiting in the Cambridge office
a. Coordinate lodging for field staff visiting Cambridge, get approval from supervisors to book hotel reservations as soon as possible to keep cost effective rates
b. Receive hotel invoice and coordinate payment with Accounting department
c. Manage Travel Calendar document in coordination with field Administrators
7. Support Human Resources and Operations functions
a. Provide administrative assistance to the Human Resources and Operations team.
b. Support the onboarding process of new hires by providing an office tour and delivering onboarding trainings
c. Coordinate “perks” for staff (e.g. gym and travel discounts).
• Manage , newspaper and magazine renewal
• Maintain Reading Corner page in the intranet (newspaper and magazine passwords and links: Chronicles of Philanthropy, SSRI, New York Times, HBR, SCAA
Other activities as specified by the manager.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this role.
Qualifications and Experience
• Associate’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant administrative experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Customer service-oriented attitude
• Demonstrated multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment. Strong attention to detail.
• Able to work with minimal supervision and knows when to ask questions. Proactive, take-charge attitude.
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability and good criteria for evaluating new and uncertain situations.
• Clear and concise writing skills for internal communications.
• Experience coordinating complex projects is a plus.
• Collaborative team player with a good sense of humor.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer programs.
• Spanish language fluency is strongly desired.
• Experience working in human resources or IT is a plus.
• Enjoys working in a multicultural, international environment.
• Passion for Root Capital’s commitment to worldwide poverty alleviation and environmental conservation.
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please type “Office Admin” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “Office Admin – Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.