- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services enable the poor to transform their lives. Founded by Jacqueline Novogratz in 2001, Acumen has invested more than $114 million in 109 companies across Africa, Latin America, South Asia and the United States. We are also developing a global community of emerging leaders with the knowledge, skills, and determination to create a more inclusive world. In 2015, Acumen was named one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Not-for-Profit Companies.
About the role
The Office Manager’s role is to ensure employees have the right environment and the right tools to be productive and do their best work. In support of the New York team, you will hold primary responsibility for all administrative and logistical aspects of the Acumen New York office, including managing vendors for building facilities, office supplies, security, onboarding and offboarding employees, and connecting employees with our travel provider. Although the work primarily focuses on the NY office, some services extend to the SF and London offices.
• Create a welcoming environment for guests by greeting them upon entry and notifying the appropriate colleague of their guest’s arrival
• Handle all aspects of the visitor registration process for individuals and group visits
• Receive incoming calls to the Acumen New York office and play a key role in the overall effectiveness of Acumen’s phone responsiveness, screening for sales calls and investment pitches
• Receive and distribute all inbound mail and packages to appropriate team members; manage accounts with couriers: FedEx, DHL, Pitney Bowes, USPS
• Receive and distribute all inbound lunch orders
Facilities and building management liaison:
• Manage physical space of NY office liaising with property manager and appropriate vendors on security, lights/electrical, HVAC, cleaning/janitorial, troubleshooting any issues that arise and sourcing new vendors as needed
• Obtain COIs and required documentation for all vendors and file with building property manager
• Maintain a clean, organized office including conference rooms, storage rooms and common spaces
• Order kitchen and office supplies and maintain a store of items for regular office use
• Manage any updates needed to physical space or décor, build-out of new spaces or office moves as they arise to ensure space is in line with the Acumen brand and in compliance with regulations and any building specific stipulations
• Ensure safety and security of employees and Acumen property by attending annual fire, weather emergency and active shooter trainings, collaborate with Legal team to maintain and communicate updated business continuity plans and emergency supplies
Vendor relationship management:
• Manage and optimize budget of NY Admin function, including tracking and submitting all vendor invoices for payment, processing corporate credit cards each month, and maintaining all annual contracts (technology, facilities, services)
• Manage relationship with corporate travel agency – point of contact for internal feedback, review and categorize expenses, report monthly spends and trends to CFO/Finance Manager
• Order business cards and stationery
• Ensure tax exemption documentation is filed with all vendors, comfort requesting refunds as necessary
• Ensure global technology support is seamless by liaising effectively with Acumen’s managed IT service provider
• Participate in regular strategy and budget meetings with IT managed service provider and CFO
• Collaborate with other office administrators and assist managed IT service provider with org-wide IT projects (including country offices), implementations and administration
• Facilitate new IT equipment upgrades and purchases as necessary
• Fulfill a billing administrator role for global technology vendors and ensure timely processing of invoices
Onboarding, vacation tracking, office events, and offboarding:
• Coordinate with Talent team, office admins, and hiring managers to ensure smooth onboarding for hires in NY, SF, and UK, including email, laptop, and phone set up; building access; and first-day onboarding
• Coordinate with Talent team and office admins to ensure smooth offboarding for terminated employees with emphasis on NY, SF, and UK teams.
• Serve as central tracker for vacation time of NY, SF, and UK teams
• Assist in planning and logistics of staff meetings, on-site events, annual staff events, and team retreats
• Manage employee requests through a task-management platform with emphasis on NY, SF and UK teams
• Provide administrative support for various special projects
You are energetic and enjoy doing your job well. You execute exceptionally. You have a strong eye for detail. You are a natural problem solver. You easily relate to all kinds of people from all over the world.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 2-5 years’ experience in an administrative or office management role
• Strong organizational skills, strong problem solving and project management skills, ability to deliver proactively, independently, and under pressure
• Ability to drive multiple tasks effectively with frequent interruptions
• Interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency; must be experienced in using internet and computers, comfortable with basic set-up and trouble-shooting
• Proven mastery of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
• Experience with Slack, Netsuite or equivalent software, and ability to learn new applications
• Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through, excellent written and oral communication skills
Additional characteristics we seek for all roles at Acumen:
• Commitment to and enthusiasm for the organization’s mission to change the way the world tackles poverty, and respect for our core values: generosity, accountability, humility, audacity, listening, leadership, integrity and respect.
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity, remain cool-headed when there are curve balls, and withstand the tests of a rapidly changing environment with resilience and resolve.
• A sense of humor (really).
Acumen offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including full benefits and a 401(k)
New York, NY
Please apply by submitting a resume and a response to the two following questions here: https://bit.ly/2JODYvM
1. Why do you enjoy being an office manager? (MAX: 150 words).
2. What are your top two skills relevant to this position? Give evidence of these skills have made you successful in the past. (MAX 150 words).
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; deadline is July 5, 2018.