Office Manager and Executive Assistant
- Evidence Action
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- organization website
- Where to Apply
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About the Role:
People are our most important asset and the talent team is critical to supporting the framework and environment to attract, retain and motivate a high-performing workforce. Evidence Action is seeking a detailed-oriented and independently driven individual to be our Office Manager and Executive Assistant. We’re looking for an adaptable team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing, and diverse team with an entrepreneurial culture.
This individual will help set the culture for our DC office and embrace a support mindset in interactions with senior team members. They will initiate new ideas, find ways to systematize our existing processes, and engage positively with others.
Executive Assistant (40%)
– Manage all calendar invites and scheduling for the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Engagement Officer, prioritizing appropriately, acting as initial point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
– Manage calendar invites and scheduling for other Evidence Action senior leaders as needed.
– Complete expense reports for all senior level employees including the CPO, COO, CEO, CENG, Sr. Directors and Directors and the DC office corporate card.
– Manage and track DC office operations expenditures.
DC People Operations (40%)
– Coordinate DC office cultural events (eg. weekly, monthly event, special events), ensuring remote staff also remain engaged.
– Develop a DC-specific social committee to assist in idea generation and execution of events; support with the broader global culture working group.
– Working with the HR department and program teams, create and manage the onboarding experience for new employees.
– Document process and secure appropriate travel visas for staff in the DC office; manage travel for employees relocating to the D.C. office.
– Create project plans, manage logistics, and develop long-term partners for events/lodging with vendors for semi-annual leadership conferences.
– Analyze and make recommendations with the ongoing expansion to improve processes in relation to engagement
DC Office Operations (20%)
– Oversee the day-to-day office management, administrative logistics, and office policies required to keep the office running smoothly and ensure that in person and remote staff have the materials, resources, and technology they need.
– Manage incoming mail, including the processing and hand off of donations and checks to the correct departments.
– Coordinate with the building management team as needed; managing access needs and messages and announcements from management that impact DC employees.
– 3-5 years of experience as an executive assistant to multiple stakeholders (e.g., C-level executives, senior leaders across multiple departments, board, etc).
– Strong attention to detail and interest in event planning and logistics;
– Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and priorities and complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision;
– Quick learner and problem solver; a critical, analytical, and process-oriented thinker who is able to identify areas for improvement and offer suggestions as to how to make systems run more smoothly;
– Experience working across time zones or in an international organization;
– Proficiency in cloud systems – in particular GSuite and Box.