Officer, Mid-Atlantic Region
- U.S. Fund for UNICEF
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Organize the Regional Board and committee meetings, including preparing Board Book
- Provide a high level of support for the Regional Board. Manage relationships with board member assistants.
- Develop and implement Mid-Atlantic Regional communication strategy for donors within our portfolio.
- Support the Mid-Atlantic Major Gifts annual revenue goal of approximately $1.3M through prospect research and list management, including creating and maintaining a prospect matrix and coordinating outreach with volunteers and staff.
- Maintain donor records in USF database and other formats, as necessary.
- Lead donor stewardship strategy for Mid-Atlantic team, including maintaining MA Regional webpage, coordinating personal thank you calls from volunteers, creating and purchasing donor gifts and recognition, and other activities.
- Support the team and Board Members as needed for donor meetings. Provide as needed research on proposals/projects and donor interests.
- Oversee the Mid-Atlantic Regional Events portfolio, including future major special events with $500K+ revenue goal, Speaker Series, and small cultivation events.
- Oversee the Office of Public Policy and Advocacy external events e.g. Regional Board Annual Advocacy Retreat, Congressional Briefings.
- Provide high levels of customer service and create excellent guest experience for all events from start to finish.
- Lead logistics for all events, including
- contracting with vendors
- preparing and sending out invitations, receipts and other correspondence
- managing RSVPs
- coordinating travel arrangements for staff outside the region and guests
- preparing internal and external briefings and reports
- preparing and gathering materials and UNICEF decorations
- promoting the event, researching guests and sponsor prospects
- updating the USF database with guest attendance
- Manage the events committees as needed.
OFFICE MANANGEMENT and ADMINISTRATION
- Provide back office support to ensure accurate financial records, compliance with company policies and procedures and ability to evaluate team performance.
- Facilitate team productivity and efficiency through coordination with colleagues from different departments in the Washington, DC office. Manage team calendar.
- Recruit, engage, manage and evaluate interns and administrative volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years event and/or fundraising experience
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work in diverse teams, and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, time-management, and oral and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility in high-pressure situations, and the willingness to assist with all tasks needed to ensure the success of small team
- Willingness to take initiative to propose new solutions and identify new opportunities
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; experience with databases, CRM and SharePoint a plus
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
To Apply – Please apply on-line at:
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The U. S. Fund for UNICEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.