Officer, Northwest Region
- U.S. Fund for UNICEF
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Organize and attend the Regional Board and committee meetings: coordinate invitations; attend meetings; develop presentations; take minutes and distribute
- Provide a high level of support for the Regional Board
- Support the Northwest Major Gifts annual revenue goal of approximately $4.8M through prospect research and list management, including coordinating outreach with volunteers and staff
- Maintain donor records, reporting schedules, and grant agreements in USF databases , as necessary
- Manage lists of Northwest prospects, board candidates, and non-donor contacts.
- Maintain Northwest Regional webpage
- . Provide as needed research on proposals/projects and donor interests
- Provide stewardship support to a small portfolio of major donors in the Northwest Region. The Officer will work closely with Regional Leadership to ensure solid strategy
- Collaborate with USF internal business units that assist the major gift program (e.g. program services, communications)
- Oversee the Northwest Regional Events portfolio, which includes approximately three Speaker Series events per year and several small, in-home, cultivation events for donors
- In collaboration with the USF Special Events Department, manage the planning process at all stages for the Northwest Region’s first large-scale gala event in 2017
- Lead logistics for all events when appropriate, including
o contracting with vendors
o preparing and sending out invitations, receipts, and other correspondence
o coordinating travel arrangements for staff outside the region and guests
o preparing internal and external briefings and reports
o preparing and gathering materials and UNICEF decorations
o promoting the event, researching guests and sponsor prospects
o managing volunteers
o preparing timelines and run of show
- Provide high levels of customer service and create excellent guest experience for all events from start to finish
- Manage Speaker Series committee and other events committees as needed
OFFICE MANAGEMENT and ADMINISTRATION
- Provide overall office administrative support
- Provide front desk service for Northwest office, answer main phone line and receive packages and visitors to office.
- Recruit, engage, manage and evaluate interns and volunteers
- Act as a liaison to the office building management and all vendors related to the Northwest Region
- Manage, order and maintain office supplies
- Process revenue, in conjunction with team in New York, in timely manner
- Work with Regional Director to develop and adhere to annual Northwest expense budget
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years event, marketing and/or fundraising experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work in diverse teams and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player, and a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who embraces the mission of the USF
- Strong interpersonal, time-management, and oral and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility in high-pressure situations and the willingness to assist with all tasks needed to ensure the success of small team
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; experience with databases, CRM and SharePoint a plus
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
To Apply – Please apply on-line at:
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The U. S. Fund for UNICEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.