Officer of Institutional Relations
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Fundraising and Partnership development (70%)
• Build relationships with potential and existing donors and investors including foundations, private sector companies, multilaterals such as USAID, and local governments.
• Cultivate funders by providing best –in-class relationship management by identifying areas of overlap between our work and the interests and motivations of prospective donors/investors. Respond to due diligence requests on Root Capital financials, impact metrics, projections, strategy etc.
• Support compliance and stewardship of complex funding programs for regional activities, particularly with a focus on government institutions and multilaterals such as USAID.
• Manage day-to-day relationships with Root Capital’s with local and regional partners by coordinating across departments and offices and synthesizing information to communicate progress on Root Capital’s work.
• Represent Root Capital and make presentations on our work at meetings and conferences with donors, investors, and other external audiences.
• Lead planning and stewardship for donor trips and strategic partnership management and stewardship.
• Participate in regional design of multi-stakeholder partnerships with department leadership.
Strategy and Business planning (20%)
• Conduct research and analysis for internal knowledge sharing related to philanthropic and investor revenue strategy and planning.
• Work with Investor Relations and Kenya-based team on the development of Root’s approach and vision for partnering with public and private sectors.
Organizational Responsibilities (10%)
• Responsible for synthesizing information from different departments within Root Capital and for sharing that information in a compelling way through presentations, proposals, reports, emails and other forms of communications.
• Contribute to Root Capital’s Field Building and Thought Leadership through partner engagement and regional events.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Proven ability to create and maintain positive client/partner relationships, with 4-5 years of related experience. Experience in fundraising or client facing roles preferred.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively deliver complex, technical ideas in a compelling form to a variety of constituents including the philanthropic community, governmental representatives, economic development experts, corporate executives, academics, journalists, and other influential thought leaders.
• Deep interest in and commitment to creating solutions concerning issues relating to rural livelihoods, small business development, social enterprise, and/or environmental stewardship Knowledge of and interest in financial markets, international development, and/or impact investing a plus.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think creatively and work independently, while also being able to work collaboratively in teams and knowing when to seek support.
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment while maintaining equanimity.
• Ability to multi-task, while paying strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to manage complex relationships and hit deadlines.
• Proposal writing and compliance reporting.
• Knowledge of diverse donor stakeholders including multilaterals, corporates, and foundations.
• Required to travel regionally.
Applications and Nominations
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, salary requirements, earliest availability, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: jobs+OIR@rootcapital.org. Please type “OIR” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “OIR – Fatima, Nana”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.