Online Media/Communications Intern
- GoodWeave International
- Contact Information
Overview of GoodWeave:
GoodWeave is an international nonprofit organization working to end child labor in the carpet industry of South Asia and to replicate its market-driven model in other manufacturing sectors.
GoodWeave aims to increase the market share of certified child-labor-free rugs with the goal of completely eliminating child labor from the carpet industry of South Asia. Being a part of the GoodWeave team is to be on the frontlines of the burgeoning social entrepreneur and anti-slavery movements. www.GoodWeave.org
The Online Media/Communications Intern will assist GoodWeave staff in implementing an ongoing national consumer awareness campaign by creating content and media assets which will be shared across several social media channels, website and other communications-related platforms. Intern will be mentored and will have the opportunity to develop marketing and communications skills applicable in the work force.
Specific tasks, depending on intern’s time commitment, may include:
– Implement GoodWeave’s social media strategy and monthly calendar to include multiple weekly postings to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest
– Analyze social media and email analytics
– Collaborate with staff for monthly reports to Executive Director
– Help maintain GoodWeave’s website
– Edit photo files and other digital visuals and content
– Track news trends and stories relevant to GoodWeave and partner organizations
– Assist with occasional office tasks as needed
– Excellent spoken and written communications skills (required)
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (required)
– Experience implementing social media campaigns, promoting online material and generating traffic and engagement
– Experience with web content management systems and basic HTML, or a demonstrated ability and desire to learn
– Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
– Excellent online research skills and ability to comprehend information and discern its relevance
– Experience with databases
– Experience with print layout and design software, video editing software and/or general web development a plus
Completion or enrollment in Public Relations/Media/
Candidate should thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. GoodWeave’s nonprofit-business hybrid model requires business-oriented staff committed to changing the way business is being done.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter highlighting your skills, interest and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.