Operations and Client Services Associate
- Candide Group
- Currently Remote - California based
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Who they are
Candide Group leverages capital to support the transition away from an extractive global economy to one that is built upon values of social justice and sustainability. They are a SEC Registered Investment Advisor based in Oakland, California, that supports families, foundations, athletes and cultural influencers who want their money working for social justice.
As impact investors, they seek to foster social benefit alongside financial return. Building a more just economy will require an intense reorganization of society, and thus the pursuit of multiple strategies. Hence in addition to pursuing transformative impact through investing, they also leverage traditional advocacy through active participation in activism campaigns and maintain a thriving presence in media to affect change. They prioritize intersectional and systemic change approaches, both amongst their portfolio and within their advocacy work.
Candide Group supports investments across all sectors, geographies, asset classes and stages – including direct investments and funds; debt and equity – as long as they believe there is a strong impact intervention, a viable financial case, and a team with the skills to execute. Their team is majority women and people of color, and over half their portfolio is led by people of color and women–in general they have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion both within their team and the teams they invest in.
They are hiring an Operations and Client Services Associate, who will work under the direction of the Managing Director. This position will provide administrative support for the operations and client service teams of Candide Group. This is an exciting opportunity for someone deeply curious about business operations, impact investing and how to make change in the world using finance as a tool. This role will require adept cross-functional collaboration and to do this well you’ll need to communicate openly and proactively.
What you will do
Client Services and Administration
● Coordinate with the investment team to provide expert service to clients by managing internal and external meetings including taking minutes, responding to general inquiries, assisting with quarterly reports and portfolio management, managing documents and filing, and other administrative support as needed
● Serve as internal client services project manager by assisting with tracking outstanding deliverables and other duties as assigned
● Maintain the general Candide Group operations calendar and annual activities
● Coordinate team meetings, including scheduling, taking notes, and managing hosting platforms
● Serve as support to the Managing Director to ensure smooth communications and coordination of all human resources policies and aid in cultivating a culture that prioritizes relationships amongst team members, enables collaboration, and creates a sense of belonging
● Assist the MD in managing internet technology, subscriptions, hosting, and other relevant resources. Arrange external assistance when necessary
● Support remote working and operations, including equipment management and procurement
● Assist with light bookkeeping including bill payments, payroll, client invoicing, and 401k contributions
● As needed, provide other administrative support
What they look for
● Outstanding and polished verbal and written communication skills
● Previous experience at a fast-paced and/or growing company
● Exhibits a strong work ethic, professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
● A kind and positive person, interested in joining a team that is focused on social justice
● As a team that is largely made up of women, POC, and queer people, experience interacting with co-investors and entrepreneurs of a diversity of backgrounds is critical
● Proficiency using GSuite platform, Slack, Asana, and Microsoft Office is valuable
● 2+ years of operations or administrative experience
This is a California Bay Area based position. Currently the team is working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hours, Compensation, and Benefits
This is a full time exempt position. The salary is $65,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience. Additionally, they offer standard benefits such as health insurance and an employer-contributed 401K.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Operations and Client Services Associate Application” in the subject line:
● A cover letter outlining why you are interested in working for Candide Group and your relevant experience
● Your resume
● A list of three references