Operations and Marketing Associate
- All Out
- New York, New York
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Dedicated to equality? Passionate about LGBT rights? Want to work with amazing people from around the world at a forward-thinking, innovative organization?
Come join us! We are currently hiring a Operations and Marketing Associate.
Who We Are:
All Out is a global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love. By mobilising millions of people around the world at key moments of crisis and opportunity, we are bringing people power to the movement for equality at an unprecedented rate. We use creative campaigning tactics to capture global attention around the fight for the rights of lesbian, gay, bi, and trans people.
We are a small, nimble team of passionate activists not afraid to take risks, innovate, fail, and try again to achieve the greatest impact for our community.
Who We Are Hiring:
We are looking for an Operations and Marketing Associate to manage financial and marketing workstreams essential to the financial and fundraising health and performance of All Out. This person will work at the intersection between finance and fundraising, and must have excellent project management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills along with the ability to work independently.
This is a great opportunity to get first hand experience on the day-to-day functions necessary to run a non-profit, while also getting exposure to leaders in the LGBT field and grassroots partners on the ground.
This position will ideally be based in New York, although we are open to other US East Coast locations.
The Associate will report to the Director of Operations on all operational work streams including finance, administration and event management. Specifically, the Associate will manage accounts payable and accounts receivable, liaise closely with the bookkeeper to manage monthly financial reconciliation and reporting, and communicate with external vendors. The Associate will also manage logistics for internal meetings and events such as the Staff Retreat, Fundraisers, and Board Meetings.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Work with Bookkeeper to ensure records are up to date
- Manage end of month closing, under guidance of Operations Director
Meeting and Events Management:
- Manage logistics for donor events, including liaising with donors
- Schedule Board Meetings and support on preparations, order food, gather materials, etc
- Staff Retreat: Lead on the logistics for bi-annual staff retreats, including booking travel
- Light scheduling for internal meetings
Membership Marketing 50%
The Associate will report to the Director of Membership Marketing to help manage All Out’s online fundraising campaigns. This is a unique opportunity to work with a nimble, innovative team excited to take risks and test out new platforms and strategies for online fundraising and mobilization. All Out is expanding our work in crowdfunding for small grassroots partners around the world and this position will play a key role in scaling up this component of our work.
Online Fundraising Campaigns and Donor Management:
- Oversee administrative side of fundraising work including scheduling fundraisers according to partner availability, partner need, campaigning calendar and online projections
- Help monitor and troubleshoot the monthly donor member file to ensure that gifts are being processed regularly and properly
- Respond to online donor inquiries and technical issues within one business day
- Assist in day to day reporting during active fundraisers to help manage expected results
- Assist in monthly reporting across multiple platforms to help monitor our stats around fundraising, messaging, social, mobile, web, and more
- Develop and manage directory of fundraising partner contacts, campaigns, results, and grants for future reference. Manage the distribution of grants to partner organizations
- Assist in sharing learnings from reporting with the full team
- Become familiar with online fundraisings projections and messaging benchmarks to help inform other reporting work
- Maintain testing results tracking document, so the team has easy reference to learnings from tests
- 2-3 years of office experience, ideally with experience in one of the following: non-profit setting, finance, fundraising or marketing
- Extremely detail oriented, able to manage multiple work streams and meet deadlines
- Great interpersonal and project management skills – with the ability to liaise internationally with a range of stakeholders from members, partners, and activists to board members and major donors
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple work streams with minimal supervision
- Desire to thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced global environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- Experience working with data reporting and basic analysis preferred, but not necessary
- Fluency in English, with second language skills highly desirable. Skills in Portuguese, Spanish and French highly preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of social justice and/or LGBT issues
- Great sense of humor
- The position will report to the Director of Operations with a dotted line to the Director of
Pay and benefits are highly competitive and based on experience. This is a permanent position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other. We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, trans people, and gender nonconforming people.
The deadline for application submissions is August 7th, 2016. To apply, please submit an application, cover letter and resume at the following link: http://allout.org/en/jobs/#op-130107-operations-and-marketing-associate