- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- For questions, please contact email@example.comIf you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1S7NDu4Application Deadline: Monday, July 27th at midnight EST
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1S7NDu4
Application Deadline: Monday, July 27th at midnight EST
100Kin10 is thinking big about social change and is creating a national movement by unleashing a new approach to tackle one of our country’s most pressing challenges.
100Kin10 aims to prepare all students with the highest-quality STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) knowledge and skills by responding with a networked approach to our country’s need for 100,000 excellent STEM teachers by 2021. Our passionate team is driving an experiment of building, curating, and engaging a creative collaborative of over 200 partners—including the Clinton Global Initiative, Teach for America, and DonorsChoose.org—to jump into action. With over $80 million (and growing) currently pledged from funders such as Google, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, 100Kin10 is creating opportunities for investors and organizations to create catalytic change and ensure every student has the STEM teacher and STEM education they deserve.
ABOUT THE ROLE: OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
The Operations Coordinator is the glue that holds the 100Kin10 team together, manages the 100Kin10 office in NYC, and helps coordinate the moving parts of the organization. You will be an upbeat driver who is versatile, flexible, and comfortable in ambiguous situations. Additionally, you will actively plan and execute initiatives to help build an exciting, fun, and engaging team culture. In this role, you will work closely with the Chief of Staff and will serve as point person for the Executive Director.
Who You Are
You are a regular Cirque du Soleil performer when it comes to juggling the many moving logistical pieces that make our office run smoothly and enable our team to perform to a high bar. Contrastly, you thrive behind the scenes, working meticulously to drive our operations forward knowing that to take pride in your work you must give 100%. Though you’re motivated by crossing off to-do’s from your checklist, more importantly, knowing that your work is contributing to a greater cause is the main driver that gets you out of bed every morning.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS OPPORTUNITY AT 100KIN10…
Meaningful work allows you the opportunity to fulfill a Legacy, gain greater Mastery, and achieve Freedom. Learn more here.
The Outcomes from Your Work in this Role
- You will be a key contributor to a fast-paced, ambitious, and talented team focused on providing every student access to high-quality STEM learning..
- Your hard work and top-notch organization will keep our team on track, helping set us up for success, as we work to enrich America’s classrooms with 100,000 new STEM teachers by 2021.
How this Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
- You will strengthen your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time and to meet deadlines while juggling competing priorities.
- You will develop a keen eye for detail, while also gaining appreciation for “the small stuff” that provides the foundation for success.
- You will strengthen your communication skills, becoming a more effective oral and written communicator.
- You will work with and learn from a sharp, innovative, and connected team invested in your personal professional development.
The Tangible and Intangible Benefits of Working at 100Kin10
- Support and encouragement to seek out and take on professional development opportunities that make sense for you and your career.
- An environment where we practice what we preach, by collaborating together, brainstorming in weekly team sessions, and sharing monthly team lunches.
- An exploratory culture – we thrive from continuous learning and dedicate 10% of employee time to take on, explore, or think deeply about something that interests you about our mission but isn’t on your “task list.”
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
- Managing the schedule and travel arrangements of the Executive Director.
- Monitoring deadlines and maintaining internal tracking systems.
- Designing, executing, and improving systems to enable the office to operate more efficiently.
- Playing air traffic controller by reacting to incoming email inquiries and by maintaining a schedule that is sustainable in pace and scope, taking into account unforeseen obligations and variables.
- Understanding the Executive Director’s work-style and preferences, and anticipating and proactively addressing needs as they arise.
- Coordinating team meetings.
- Preparing the Executive Director for key meetings and speaking engagements.
- Maintaining accurate and essential logistical information for meetings (i.e., attendees, location, phone numbers, etc).
- Preparing and coordinating after-actions in order to empower team members to complete follow-up within appropriate and specified timelines.
- Managing communications with internal colleagues and external inquiries of 100Kin10.
- Supporting the Executive Director in managing and prioritizing critical correspondence.
- Drafting, proofreading, and editing correspondence to partners, presentations, and various other materials on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Coordinating weekly status reporting and moderating team check-ins.
- Managing logistics for events and off-site meetings.
- Playing a key role in managing finances, including processing of expense reports and vendor invoices.
- Tracking overall team schedule.
- Serving as liaison to incubating organization’s personnel for policy, technology, and supply issues.
- Contributing to the idea generation that drives the strategic vision and mission of 100Kin10.
- Coordinating and/or managing discreet projects in contribution to the overall workflow.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- 1-4 years of full-time, relevant work experience.
- A track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions in tough situations, identifying and executing opportunities, and having the ability to create innovative solutions to both anticipated problems and present challenges.
- Exceptionally strong writing skills and impeccable editing and proofreading skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with a high-energy, outgoing personality, a good sense of humor, and the ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff.
- The ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve administrative efficiencies.
- A highly professional demeanor and the ability to represent the voice of the Executive Director, the initiative, and partner organizations effectively to diverse audiences.
- Exceptionally organized, thrives on check lists, and is a seasoned multi-tasker.
- Able to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and effectively, while also holding a high bar for performance.
- Committed to excellence, and who takes pride in completing each task, no matter how big or how small, with high attention to detail.
- Committed to assisting the team to improve staff’s efficiency, and is creative in proactively identifying ways to maximize the Executive Director’s productivity.
- Extremely smart, can quickly grasp big picture objectives, and will take initiative to execute on special projects proposed by organization directors.
- Comfortable receiving and delivering feedback in a considerate, honest, and direct manner.
- Aware of the demands and responsibilities inherent to working with senior management and executive-level staff.
- Passionate about STEM, education, or collective impact approaches.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB?
Please complete the following application. Priority will be given to applicants who apply by midnight EST on Monday, July 20th, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter; please take your time on them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are selected for interviews and chosen as a finalist, the final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You’ll be invited to join the 100Kin10 team as Operations Coordinator and enjoy the best of New York City. You’ll receive a competitive salary depending on your level of experience plus benefits. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!