Operations Coordinator, Innovation
- Global Innovation Fund
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1knnmOAFor questions, please email: email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1knnmOA
Application Deadline: Monday, November 2nd, at midnight EST.
ABOUT GLOBAL INNOVATION FUND
The Global Innovation Fund (www.globalinnovation.fund) is a $200m nonprofit innovation fund. We invest in the piloting, rigorous testing and scaling of innovations targeted at improving the lives of the poorest people in developing countries. Our fund aims to support a portfolio of innovations that collectively open up opportunities and improve lives for hundreds of millions of people across the developing world.
We believe that the best ideas for solving some of the world’s most critical problems can come from anyone, anywhere. Through our $50,000 to $15 million grants and risk capital, we support breakthrough solutions to global development challenges from social enterprises, for-profit firms, non-profit organisations, researchers, and government agencies.
ABOUT THE ROLE: OPERATIONS COORDINATOR, INVESTMENTS
We’re looking for an Operations Coordinator, Investments to join as the calm center to a lot of moving pieces within our fast-paced team. You will ambitiously take on this critical role specifically on the Investment Team but will also work across the organization with other members in both our DC and London offices. You will actively plan and execute initiatives to help build strong systems to increase our efficiency and effectiveness, especially within the Investment Team.
You will confidently bring your ideas to the table, managing up and pushing team members to strategically achieve top priorities – pivoting when needed. You’ll assist GIF in driving our mission forward as we grow and change with natural progression. You will be the grease that keeps the wheels turning, ensuring there are no loose ends, no pieces falling through the cracks, and no improvements left unmade.
As one of GIF’s first twenty hires, you will contribute strongly to building the organization into a successful innovation fund!
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE…
Meaningful work gives you the opportunity to fulfill a Legacy, gain greater Mastery, and achieve Freedom. Learn more here.
The Outcomes From Your Work in this Role
- You will work to achieve our mission to improve the lives of the poorest people in developing countries.
- You will be a key contributor to our fast-paced team, providing your ideas and perspective to our long term goals, helping us achieve our goals together.
- You will work with a team of energetic, positive people who are results-oriented and pursuing excellence.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
- You will be exposed to GIF’s vast network of applicants and investees, innovators from across a range of countries and sectors.
- You will hone your ability to prioritize and keep many moving pieces organized, managing timelines and outcomes according to relevant deadlines.
- You will strengthen your various talents, specifically your project management and logistics skills, excelling at the details.
- You will further develop your communication skills, becoming a more effective oral and written communicator.
The Tangible and Intangible Benefits of Working with GIF
- You will work with a great amount of autonomy on a small team of energetic smart people interested in investing in your professional development.
- You will work in Washington, DC., a vibrant city full of diverse history, culture, and nearby recreation.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
- Tracking progress of applications throughout the GIF investment process and providing limited data management and analysis.
- Scheduling meetings, conferences, and appointments, often coordinating with multiple external partners across time zones.
- Playing air traffic controller by reacting to incoming inquiries from applicants and various stakeholders, and by maintaining a schedule that is sustainable in pace and scope, taking into account unforeseen obligations and variables.
- Assisting with preparing the materials for meetings (e.g., agendas, presentations and minutes), including for GIF’s investment committees.
- Making travel arrangements for the investment team as necessary.
- Interfacing with staff and stakeholders on behalf of the Investment Team both in the office and by drafting internal and external correspondence.
- Supporting the Investment Team in managing and prioritizing critical correspondence.
- Liaising with external technical experts engaged by GIF, coordinating reviews and providing logistical support.
- Empowering the team to meet critical deadlines and complete projects with excellent quality.
- Contributing to the idea generation that drives the strategic vision and mission of GIF.
- Ensuring efficient office operations, identifying opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness by building new or improving existing internal systems including the investment applicant review processes.
WHO YOU ARE …
- A Creative Problem Solver – Be industrious Be inquisitive. Seek efficiency.
- A Logistics Genius – Live in the details. Be multiple steps ahead. Anticipate hiccups and be well equipped to jump into action.
- A Multi-tasking Expert – Juggle competing priorities. Use sound judgment to balance responsibilities. Act strategically.
- An Exceptional Project Manager – Plan according to timelines. Empower your team members to hit deadlines and keep projects on point.
- A Trusted Communicator – Communicate exceptionally. Build strong relationships and earn respect and trust.
- A Tech Savvy Explorer – Dive into technology. Excel at data management. Figure out new effective tools.
- A Mission-aligned Team Player – Be passionate. Bring humility and integrity. And more jokes.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. Priority will be given to those applications submitted by 11:59pm EST on Monday, November 2, 2015; therefore we encourage you to submit yours soon!
These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by the Global Investment Fund leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You’ll be invited to join our growing team in Washington, DC. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!