Operations Director- Growth and Expansion
- Living Goods
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Operations Director – Growth and Expansion
Reports to: Deputy Country Director
Direct Reports: Expansion Team (4), Marketing Coordinator, Impact Analyst
Living Goods has developed and proven a cost effective, high-impact community health care model using a business-minded focus on innovation, paired with critical public health delivery. To support our ambitions to grow nationally in Uganda, we seek an innovative and passionate manager with a strong-track record of driving results to join our team as the Operations Director–Growth and Expansion. This new role will be based in Kampala and will lead our growth and expansion efforts nationally, coordinate operational implementation to drive scale up, and innovations to evolve the model to achieve higher impact and greater cost efficiencies.
As part of the senior leadership in Uganda, you will work across the organization to develop a growth strategy, support partners in design of a coverage and growth plan, oversee a team that is mapping, establishing on the ground relationships with local government leaders, assessing and growing the ranks of Community Health Promoters. You will also work to identify and market innovative products for our BOP customers and drive data analysis to inform continual improvements and health impact.
The ideal candidate is a results-focused, proven manager with experience developing innovative solutions for BOP and growing operations in a developing country.
• Partner with the Deputy Country Director to develop geographic and operational growth plans.
• Lead the evolution of our model to become even more impactful, cost effective, and replicable and coordinated with government to deliver our long term goal of national scale implementation.
• Coordinate with in-country partners to align growth planning and maximize coverage and impact.
• Oversee the implementation of the growth strategy: Manage the field-based expansion team to identify geographies for delivery of effective community health services; oversee all new agent recruiting informed by data and insights of past performance success.
• Strengthen Living Goods expansion and operational processes in an effort to continually refine and improve operations.
• Work with the Deputy Country Director to budget and monitor and control costs and ensure all internal control procedures are followed.
• Lead the design and implementation of initiatives that increase cost efficiency and health impact, i.e. agent and staff incentives, recognition programs, product delivery innovations, mobile payments, credit offerings, sales promotions or new product launches.
• Support the Product Department in the development of new products, including market research and insights for product design, concepts and tests.
• Lead the design of marketing plans, promotions and new product launches that can improve the lives of customers and their families.
• Oversee data analysis to drive continuous improvement in performance, processes and systems.
• Work across the organization – from Branch Operations, Training, Finance, IT, Product Development, Procurement and Logistics — to ensure that expansion occurs seamlessly with clear timelines and deliverables.
• Minimum of 6 years of management level experience, with proven leadership of teams to achieve ongoing high performance.
• Professional experience in innovative services or products in emerging markets, Africa preferred.
• Private sector experience in one of the following: consumer package goods, health delivery, pharmaceuticals, retail or direct selling/franchising, management consulting.
• Strong financial management and analytical skills.
• University degree in business or related field. MBA preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in the developing world, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of the poor.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of the poor. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Operations Director- Growth and Expansion through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: