- Cup Club
- Job Type
- Full time
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Commercially driven and socially minded Operations Lead wanted for next generation IoT enabled smart food packaging start-up.
What We do:
With the rise of the Sharing Economy and the IoT, there is now a viable opportunity to address the issue of our dwindling natural world resources and innovate accordingly. Using digital technology and innovation, we are launching the world\’s first smart food packaging product and service for retailers across the UK. Cities such as London exhibit a high consumption rate of single use packaging and with an estimated 60% of the global population living in cities by 2030 (London being Europe\’s biggest city), this rate of consumption is set to increase dramatically. This implies more waste being generated and more public expenditure to clean and maintain streets.
We are looking to start a global shift in this market by introducing an easy to use platform, allowing retailers and consumers to access returnable food packaging to designated drop points across the city.
We have already developed relationships with the Greater London Authority, London Waste & Recycling Board, KPMG, HSBC, Ellen MacArthur Foundation, RSA and Do the Green Thing. We have received considerable press on our innovative product, being covered by Design Week, Core77, Disrupt Innovation Festival, Dwell, Design Indaba and Ogilvy.
Who we are looking for:
In the run-up to our commercial launch later this year in London, it is critical that the business is supported by a robust and efficient operating infrastructure. The Operations Lead will be responsible for creating and managing this infrastructure. The Operations Lead will work closely with the CEO and team members to form an integral part of the team.
We’re looking for a top-tier experienced professional with at least 6-8 years’ experience, who is looking for a hands on and fulfilling role. If you like delivering real change and are passionate about sustainable impact, this is the role for you.
● Highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated, with a hands-on approach
● Experience or interest in start-ups and/or social enterprise
● Strong influencing, leadership, teamwork and communication skills
● A creative problem solver with great initiative who is 100% accountable and reliable
● Confident, highly organised and flexible self-starter, capable of operating in a dynamic environment
● Positive, confident and communicative individual who shows initiative and is confident in dealing with clients
● Someone who lives and breathes Cup Club’s values of sustainability, resource efficiency and being creative through continuous innovation
● Engaging, with ability to connect with people from all levels and backgrounds
● An unwavering desire for continuous improvement and excellence
● Strong attention to detail
● Logistics and supply chain management
● Good knowledge of Customer Services & Trade & Compliance
● Transportation and finance
● Resource management and strategy
● Systems analysis and workflow structuring
Key responsibilities include:
● To organise an efficient and effective operating environment within Cup Club, thereby allowing the CEO and other team members to deliver a seamless and scalable product to our partners and clients
● To work closely with the Sales team to ensure that marketing plans are properly coordinated and administered to maximise the potential for revenue growth through both new partners and clients
● To liaise with all our key partners and suppliers, including but not limited to our outsourced finance team
● To develop effective working practices and processes to ensure that Cup Club product and service achieves agreed high standards
● To develop effective working practices and processes to record and measure client servicing activities and ensure that we deliver on agreed retailer pay-back fee, memberships and sponsorships
● To analyse servicing data and work with the CEO and finance team to efficiently deploy new partnerships
● To provide all agreed data and reports to the Board to agreed deadlines to ensure the smooth running of the business
● To manage entire operational supply chain of Cup Club product and service, liaising with tech team to deliver product to partners and clients
Be part of a small team where your work is valued and you can make a real difference.
Annual salary between £40-45k with Equity Options, based on experience and expertise.
Please send your CV and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org , with ‘Operations Lead’ in the subject line.