- MCE Social Capital
- Remote (must be authorized to work in the US)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- **APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED** Please send your resume along with a brief cover letter, clearly stating your interest in MCE and this position, to email@example.com. Please put “Operations Manager” in the subject. All documents must be in PDF format and submitted no later than Friday, December 31st.
- Where to Apply
Operations Manager, MCE Social Capital
Location: Flexible; preference for Denver, CO; San Francisco, CA; or Washington DC
MCE Social Capital (MCE) is a nonprofit impact investing firm with a mission to unlock capital to empower families living in poverty to build a better future. MCE uses a pioneering blended finance model to leverage the excellent credit of high-net-worth individuals and foundations (Guarantors) to borrow capital from U.S. and European financial institutions and accredited investors. MCE then strategically deploys this capital to small and growing businesses and microfinance institutions in developing countries, with a focus on reaching women and families in rural areas. Since 2006, MCE has disbursed $228 million in investment capital to 130+ institutions in 55 countries across Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Caucasus, with current assets under management of $60 million.
MCE manages two investment portfolios:
● Small and Growing Businesses that create jobs, help smallholder farmers improve productivity and income, and facilitate clean water and energy. MCE seeks to address the critical market gaps by providing catalytic loans of $100k to $2 million to support businesses in the “missing middle”.
● Financial Service Providers that help people living in rural areas gain access to credit, savings accounts, insurance, healthcare and health education, and business education. MCE provides loans of up to $4 million.
MCE is a growing, dynamic organization with hubs in San Francisco, CA and Barcelona, Spain.
The Operations Manager plays a central role in ensuring MCE’s operational effectiveness, creating a strong foundation for scale and enabling MCE to achieve its financial and impact goals. The Operations Manager coordinates and manages projects and activities across MCE’s Finance, Portfolio, Legal, and Business Development teams. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and the General Counsel, and will work across the organization to advance operational procedures while facilitating effective internal communication.
As an ideal candidate, you’ll have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity. You’ll be highly skilled in IT management, systems and processes, and finance. Additionally, you’ll display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within the organization. Your ultimate responsibility is to increase our operational efficiency.
Roles and Responsibilities
IT & Systems (50%):
● Consult and collaborate across MCE to understand business objectives and analyze and make recommendations for the improvement of MCE’s IT infrastructure and systems
● Assume technical lead role to evaluate technology solutions, assess and manage vendors, design & implement solutions in-house or with external providers, orchestrate cross-functional work, and set up relevant tools, processes and automations
● Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, cybersecurity, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision
● Maintain and manage relationships with key vendors (Box, Vena Solutions, Salesforce, etc.)
● Increase MCE’s efficiency by enhancing operational procedures and systems through understanding workflows and business processes, and prioritizing integration of software solutions
● Help develop, manage, and execute organizational project plans and timelines, from big picture ideation to implementation. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor progress. Prepare reports for senior management regarding status of projects
● Responsible for overseeing investment management systems, policies and procedures, including document management, the use and update of investment process templates, tracking compliance;
● Collect and maintain necessary confidential financial information from MCE guarantor and investor community
● Manage and support CFO in key HR operations including staff training and HR related regulatory compliance
Regulatory and Compliance (15%):
● Coordinate with General Counsel to ensure up to date regulatory filings and requirements (state, federal, international)
● Coordinate with Finance and General Counsel to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
● Ensure compliance with investor and portfolio companies’ documents
● Coordinate with General Counsel to Implement and oversee corporate policies and procedures (e.g. conflicts of interest)
● Ensure oversight of the Administrative and Compliance Assistant
● Proactive: Highly motivated and self-starting professional, can work independently and without significant supervision.
● Cultivates innovation: Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
● Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
● Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done.
● Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively to meet shared objectives.
● Efficient: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
● Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Finance or a related field;
● 5-8 years of experience in finance, IT or business operations role
● Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to develop and execute operational plans successfully with high degree of independence and detail-orientation
● Strong Salesforce proficiency and ability to quickly master new technology
● Proven technical and managerial skills to manage IT and systems upgrades
● Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload, and track assignments
● Solutions-oriented approach with ability to multi-task and troubleshoot;
● Ability to work independently while working with a global team;
● Passionate about our mission and willing to embody our values of excellence, respect and commitment to social change.
● Excellent English communication skills; proficiency in Spanish is a plus;
● Experience at an investment management firm, and/or in the impact investing industry, is a plus.
How to apply:
**APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
Please send your resume along with a brief cover letter, clearly stating your interest in MCE and this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Operations Manager” in the subject. All documents must be in PDF format and submitted no later than Friday, December 31st.