- AlphaMundi Group
- Contact Information
HCA is a fast growing healthy snacking company looking to grow across East Africa. HCA believes in creating sustained economic development and uses a triple bottom line approach to measure success: creating financial value, improving social conditions and implementing activities in a way that supports, not exploits, the environment.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is smart, hardworking, flexible, entrepreneurial and ambitious to be part of our team and help turn HCA in to a market leader in East Africa.
Operations Manager – based in Nairobi, Kenya
The Operations Manager will take an active role in managing Honey Cares operations in Kenya. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with significant opportunities to grow with us as we grow across the region.
The position would be suitable for someone with experience managing supply chain in agriculture, logistics and/or FMCG operations.
– Manage and create a sustainable supply chain of agricultural products that benefits the rural communities cost effectively.
o Manage direct buying activities across East Africa,
o Locate suppliers,
o Negotiate prices, and
o Coordinate activities.
– Take overall lead on managing our procurement process to purchase other raw materials
– Take overall lead on managing our distribution of our products across the region
– Manage a small team
– Take overall lead on managing our logistics to maximise efficiencies
– Take lead on managing any importation or exportation of raw produce and equipment
– Focus on meeting set targets and KPIs
– Take lead on developing and implementing key policies within the department
– Prepare monthly reports
– Setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost
– Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods
– Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency
– Various other ad hoc administrative duties
The Operations Manager will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer in Kenya.
Qualifications and skills
– 3+ years’ experience in a similar position, remuneration will be based on experience
– Degree in operations, logistics, supply chain or a relevant field
– Experience managing operations in an FMCG company
– The ability to work in a team as well as individually
– Sound decision making
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Good attention to detail
– Good negotiation skills
– The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
– Good administrative and computer skills
– A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being part of the team to turn HCA in to a market leader, please send your CV/resume and covering letter indicating your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
Please note that only candidates submitting a complete CV/resume and coving letter will be considered.
Starting date is as soon as possible and as such the position will remain open until filled. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply ASAP.