Outreach & Communications Manager
- SELCO Foundation
- Bengaluru, India
- Job Type
- Contact Information
Being an open source field based R&D lab, SELCO Foundation aims to serve as a knowledge hub in the energy access and social impact ecosystem space. We are looking for an Outreach and Communications Manager to create, develop and grow various channels for engagement, communications and partnership building with the various players of the energy access ecosystem. The candidate will also be responsible for moderating all external communications. Driving the approach and philosophy of SECLO Foundation, the candidate will use online mediums, as well as on ground partnerships to build a network for dissemination of our work. In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined below, the Outreach and Communications Manager should be prepared, as and when necessary, to take on additional responsibilities and respond to events and developments that cannot be anticipated.
• Manage all SELCO Foundation communication-led interventions in a strategic manner to ensure a seamless flow of information consistent with the organization’s philosophy
• Design, structure and lead implementation of a comprehensive and customized communication strategy for all relevant stakeholders in accordance with their profiles
• Devise ways to enhance visibility of the organization amongst various kinds of stakeholders
• Responsible for developing and designing outreach material for conferences, events, workshops, community engagement etc
• Conceive, manage and deliver content for press releases, media relations content, newsletter content, regular blogs and updating of communication on the website.
• Building, structuring and developing knowledge internally at the organization level
• Monitoring and building capacity of team members working together on projects
• Participating in building and strengthening internal systems and processes which contribute towards the better functioning of the organization.
Who should apply:
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
• Experience in all aspects of communications- from strategy to design and productions and every management
• Strong networking capabilities and demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills suitable for collaborating with multiple stakeholders
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to calibrate communications to resonate with different target audiences
• Demonstrated abilities to manage multiple priorities, projects and internal/external resources in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with traditional, digital and vernacular communications platforms.
Process: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with ‘Re: Application for Outreach and Communications Manager’ as a subject line.