- AHL Venture Partners
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
AHL Venture Partners is looking for a local Partner to join our team. Serving East and Southern Africa through our Nairobi office we are looking to find a Partner to join AHL’s Senior Management Team as we launch the AHL Growth Fund in 2019.
As Partner you will share in our team’s success and will be responsible for deal origination, due diligence, deal structuring as well as monitoring, value creation and realizing exits. Together, we will leverage your 8 – 12 years of full cycle investing experience to raise and deploy capital through AHL’s gender enhanced investment strategy focused on Energy Access, Financial Inclusion and Food & Agriculture.
Essential characteristics of our new Partner would include:
– 8-12 years full cycle investing experience in private equity, venture capital or impact investing, preference will be given to those with exit experience
– Regional experience and/or citizenship in Sub Saharan Africa, preferably East & Southern Africa
– Experience in Fintech or Energy Access sectors
– A self-starter with the ability to identify, negotiate and complete investments in portfolio companies
– Strong interest and proven track record in managing transactions, participation on boards, and pro-active value creation support around governance, finance, people, tech solutions and strategy development
– Demonstrated desire and ability to work with a talented, diverse team to achieve social, environmental and financial returns
– Enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit
– Compensation will be an attractive mix of market-based salary and incentive-based compensation tied to individual performance & fund level outcomes
We know the ideal candidate is out there, likely working in the investment industry but hasn’t yet been provided the opportunity to work with a team that recognizes and rewards their unique mix of talent and drive. We believe AHL Venture Partners is that team and we are taking the time necessary through this process to find the right fit to work with us for the long term.
About AHL Venture Partners:
AHL Venture Partners (www.ahlventurepartners.com) is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and has regional offices in Nairobi, Kenya and Abidjan, Ivory Coast. The firm invests in early and growth stage SMEs capable of delivering impact at scale alongside market-rate financial returns. AHL’s primary investment themes are financial inclusion, energy access and food & agriculture. To date, AHL has made 35 investments and committed over $60 million to its portfolio of funds and SMEs across Sub-Saharan Africa. AHL Venture Partners is currently raising the $50 million AHL Growth Fund to extend its work investing in high growth businesses in East & Southern Africa.
Applications & Inquiries:
We encourage interested applicants to direct any inquiries and provide a cover letter and CV to the Senior Management team – Patrick Seeton (patrick@ahlventurepartners.